**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Soldato
Quick question, picked up a nail in the rear left of the Cupra today. On the shoulder so not repairable. The rear right has 6mm left, I take it I'm ok to replace the one tyre?

Tyres are cs5p if that helps.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Quick question, picked up a nail in the rear left of the Cupra today. On the shoulder so not repairable. The rear right has 6mm left, I take it I'm ok to replace the one tyre?

Tyres are cs5p if that helps.

Yes, fine to replace.

Its only once your down to <3mm you should consider doing both.

Man of Honour
Is the Premium contact 6 a replacement for the sport contact 5? Seems similar pricing bjt wondering if the name change has moved its qualitys.

No, Premium Contact is continentals midrange tyre for non sports applications.

Sport Contact 6 is the replacement for 5 and 5P.

Man of Honour
Put on some P zeros today which I said I would never do again. Not bad so far...but then it was dry..

There is a completely new Pzero now that's supposed to be much better. Trouble is it has exactly the same name and I've no idea how you tell which version you are buying.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I know the with N rated tyres the new P-Zero is marked as N1 rather than N0. However, when comparing the tyres back to back they seem to have the same tread layout as well which doesn't help the identification process. I’ve been hearing/reading mixed reports from the new P-Zero's so I’d rather stick to a Michelin based tyre.

Man of Honour
My problem is I have the factory fitted Pzero all round still and it's coming up for its first set of rears. I have found the Pzeros fitted to be very lacking and want to switch brands but that involves mixing tyres...

OcUK Staff
My problem is I have the factory fitted Pzero all round still and it's coming up for its first set of rears. I have found the Pzeros fitted to be very lacking and want to switch brands but that involves mixing tyres...

Mixing is fine when its on different axles, not recommended but fine.

Try MPSS or PS4S, you will find them a huge improvement, though I found MPSS rather noisy whereas PS4S are a lot quieter.

If after fitting your finding on the limit grip has turned the car into an understeering mess due to so much more grip in the rear then drive slower or cough up the monies and get the front axle matched up, yeah its not a good feeling dumping good tyres, but sometimes need must.

Back
Top Bottom