**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Permabanned
I need four tyres, 225/50 R17 94Y

Two are end of life and a third has developed a slow puncture this weekend so I may as well get all four swapped.

What is the deal with the Michelin fuel offer, are the tyres any good as I have always bought Bridgestone or Continental tyres previously.

Soldato
Need 4 x 235/40/18 for my R26 Megane.

I'm looking at:

Pirelli P Zero @ £100 a corner
Goodyear ASY3 @ £110 a corner
Michelin PS4 @ £121 a corner

What would you guys opt for? I'm thinking the Goodyear. I don't track my car so I want the tyres to last a decent time. Is it worth the extra £44 to get the Michelins? I've only ever bought GY ASY2s before.

Thoughts? Thanks.

EDIT: This is minus fitting

Soldato
I think the PS4s are the best out of those three by all accounts.

That said, the price difference in 225/45/18 was big enough to make me go for the AS3s for my Mazda 6. I'd probably go with the PS4s in your case though.

Associate
I'm trying to weigh up options for replacing the Goodyear AS2's on my Focus ST340 but struggling :rolleyes:

Running set of Oz's for summer use with 235/35-19 rubber, been more than happy in the past with the AS2's but they're replaced now with AS3's and reports are more marmite with these so have looked into Michelin alternatives. PS4's would be ideal but not available in my sizes, PS3's are available but a fairly old tyre now, then next choice would be the PS4S or PSS. Drawback being they're significantly more expensive than the AS3's.

Would welcome any comments on those who have some experience running or comparing these options :)

Should add that I don't do massive amounts of mileage, plus tyre life is spread across a set of 18's for winter. And with my pretty Oz's I'm keen on decent rim protection in case I bump any kerbs.

Last edited:
Soldato
Michelin all day long. AS3 was already behind the PS4 and the S has progressed even further ahead now. AS3 getting criticised for poor handling so presumably they have not improved the driving feel (absolutely awful) from the AS2. Meanwhile Michelin have always been producing tyres which actually drive excellent as well as scoring well in quantitative tests.

Associate
I need two front tyres on mine and seeing as I have AS2s all round at the moment I thought it would be a safe bet to go for the AS3, but looking at TyreReviews they don't seem so highly rated as the AS2s seemed to be back in the day. Quite tempted to go for PS4s now, so hopefully I won't tramline to and from work every day if I do go for a couple of PS4s (AS2s on the back have a lot of tread left).

Associate
Thanks for the feedback ref AS3's vs Michelin PS4S, had tried to find some reviews but not a lot out there yet for the Michelins. Weighing it up I'll be going for a set of the Pilots. Hoping to get them this week coming so I can sort swapping back to the 19's while I'm off work before Easter. Car looks under-dressed on the standard 18's

Soldato
Thanks for the feedback ref AS3's vs Michelin PS4S, had tried to find some reviews but not a lot out there yet for the Michelins. Weighing it up I'll be going for a set of the Pilots. Hoping to get them this week coming so I can sort swapping back to the 19's while I'm off work before Easter. Car looks under-dressed on the standard 18's

PS4S's are in a different league both grip and price wise. Not even sure why you'd compare them.

Back
Top Bottom