**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Soldato
Thinking of putting a set of PS4 (not S) on the A4 quottro. That will be a step up from the current Pirelli P7s!

PS4S going on to the M3 tomorrow :)

Soldato
So I spoke to Michelin online about which tyre dealers are part of the promotion. The advisor said she didn't know but would find out and email me. She did email me and this is what it said:

'At the moment only Costco participates in fuel voucher promotion. Please check with them if you can still purchase tyres and claim a voucher because it is possible that the purchase window for the promotion is closed already.'

That's strange seeing as Camskill are definitely doing the promotion!

Caporegime
The 'current one' expired in march for all dealers. And your right about only some dealers.

Event tyres offer ended in March

Last edited:
Soldato
My PS4S went on to the M3 two days ago. On the fronts I had CSC3 (down to 3mm) and rears were PSS. Let's just say its a revelation in terms of grip at the front. Rears a little early to judge but feel as good as the PSS in the dry!

Associate
Had two Pilot Sport 4s fitted today. Done next to no miles on them so far because I've only had to drive about 1 mile from the garage. They look alright on the old MV2s and the rim protector looks OK, but perhaps not as good as on those on the GY AS2s so I'll have to keep that in mind although I'd like to think I'm careful enough to not need the rim protection anyway.

Might be able to wear out the AS2s on the back by September, will have to see. Next up is a wheel alignment (no laser alignment where the tyres were fitted).

Soldato
I took my wheel off to clean it on Saturday and was greeted by this. I think this happened on Tuesday as I heard some flapping when I had a spirited run on to the interstate but could only see some trim hanging off under the car so assumed it was that. I've had the car for a month and am 2 days out of the 30 day warranty but took it in anyway as it's been caused by something wrong with the car when they sold it to me. I even took it in for a health check the Thursday before and they didn't notice.

This tyre has always been around 2psi lower than the others but I always had a message saying the pressures were fine and they were always around the recommended pressures.

I'm going to take them the other front tyre today to have a look at.

They're Pirelli P-Zeros so I'll be out over $400 if the garage won't replace them under warranty. Tempted to switch to Michelins but I can't really afford to drop ~$1500 on a full set.

IMG_3920.jpg

Soldato
The tyre is knackered because your car has alignment issues. Not sure why they would replace the tyre under warranty?
I figured it'd be something like that.

The manager said they don't usually cover tyres but as this clearly wasn't caused by something I've driven over they may cover it, and there's the fact that it's likely been caused by something that they apparently check before it goes on the lot.

Soldato
So I spoke to Michelin online about which tyre dealers are part of the promotion. The advisor said she didn't know but would find out and email me. She did email me and this is what it said:

'At the moment only Costco participates in fuel voucher promotion. Please check with them if you can still purchase tyres and claim a voucher because it is possible that the purchase window for the promotion is closed already.'

That's strange seeing as Camskill are definitely doing the promotion!

is the deal still live? Can't find anything about it now! Costco are the joint cheapest for PS4 for me and convenient so will use them either way.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
What the heck could cause that :eek: :confused:
My dad's 5 GT ended up with tyres like that not that long after he bought it 2nd hand from BMW. 1st owner: BMW HQ in Munich.

**** happens I guess. As it's on the inside, it's hard to spot on certain cars I guess as it was only spotted when it went in for service :eek:

Soldato
That looks like a very "defined" edge, not the usual smooth wear down to the cords you'd usually expect with poor alignment

This is exactly what I thought. Normally it'd be poor alignment which would cause something like this, but the wear is too "sharp" for just alignment. Maybe quite severe over inflation coupled with really bad toe settings

Back
Top Bottom