**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Soldato
Getting to ditch the runflats, not have to use an RE050A (which was "ok" 13 years ago when it was released!), getting to have the superb PS4 AND saving £40 per corner whilst doing it?!

Definition of a "no brainer".

Soldato
Isn't everyone?

I am dreading the day my factory fitted tyres need to be changed :(

Nobody can ever manage it.
My "local" (about 30 minutes drive) tyre shop is superb (Martins Tyres in Woking if anyone knows it.. no one has a bad thing to say about them it seems) and I regret bothering to use Event over them not once but twice! Might be a bit far for you though :D

Soldato
My "local" (about 30 minutes drive) tyre shop is superb (Martins Tyres in Woking if anyone knows it.. no one has a bad thing to say about them it seems) and I regret bothering to use Event over them not once but twice! Might be a bit far for you though :D

Do they charge a reasonable amount for wheel alignment? I need to get my girlfriend's Mini done soon and I'd rather go somewhere that's been vetted by a group as fussy as this one :)

Soldato
It's not surprising that a balancer that's bounced around in the back of a van all the time and isn't mounted to a solid floor doesn't work very well. With a properly installed and calibrated machine it's really very easy to balance a wheel, a monkey could do it.

Soldato
It's not surprising that a balancer that's bounced around in the back of a van all the time and isn't mounted to a solid floor doesn't work very well. With a properly installed and calibrated machine it's really very easy to balance a wheel, a monkey could do it.

Indeed! Our balancer at work is an absolute POS, it's awful to use and barely anyone will touch it to calibrate it. But it is calibrated and amazingly does a very good job. Done my own tyres on it thinking I would have issues but not a hint of wobble.

Soldato
I'll be the only positive one who has had no problems with mobile tyre fitters so far. Both times they've not damaged the wheel at all and been balanced perfectly, with weights on the inside etc. I think the first time was Kwik Fit and the second was with Tyres on the Drive.

Caporegime
I've just event about 10 times. 1 fitter even balanced the wheels to 5g rather than 10g tolerance as he said s2000s are sensitive. He also took the wheel off the machine and remounted them to check.

Never had any issue with vibrations or wheel damage and they use torque wrench to do them up. Often they also check what pressure I want.

Soldato
My most recent purchase obviously needed new rears just prior to my ownership and has come with a brand new set of Uniroyal RainSport 3's.

Front is still running the standard MPSS, really want to change the rears to the standard MPSS too but it pains me to waste two brand new tyres :o

Dilemma!

Caporegime
Sexy tyres for the geek in us all.
2098791D-E478-49D0-93AE-21BFAF6BD0CD_zps1z6vrhxa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom