**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Caporegime
How well do they displace standing water? I'm guessing they are quite prone to aquaplaning with that tread pattern?

TBH despite the fact that it is my daily driver it will be used for a bit of town driving when traffic is light, and the rest of the time will be B road bashing. Hardly ever use the motorway these days.

Caporegime
I'm not under some illusion that I need AD08R's, its just that there are some wheels for sale which already have them on, and I wanted to know how quickly they would wear down etc. :)

I do take offence to using "Its a Toyota Corolla" as a way to justify your point though. You wouldn't point out the model as some kind of attempt at justification if it were a Civic Type R or a Renaultsport Clio etc would you. :p

Soldato
AD08Rs are 'okay' on a daily driver, bit noisy and hard riding perhaps, but they are livable. I think if the car was for daily use only with no plans to track it, I'd go for a more regular high performance tyre (Goodyear, Continental, Michelin and the like) though

Caporegime
I'm not under some illusion that I need AD08R's, its just that there are some wheels for sale which already have them on, and I wanted to know how quickly they would wear down etc. :)

I do take offence to using "Its a Toyota Corolla" as a way to justify your point though. You wouldn't point out the model as some kind of attempt at justification if it were a Civic Type R or a Renaultsport Clio etc would you. :p
Well Michelin PS4S have no traction issues with 420PS.

People who get race type tyres usually ended up stacking it when it rains. Sure you get the tyres for 'free' but then you end up with tyres you don't really want especially over a winter

Caporegime
Yeah I'll keep the stock wheels for a bit and focus my efforts on the dirty thirty, taa for talking some sense into me. :p

It currently has a pair of Michelin Energy Saver's on the front, and a Bridgestone Turanza ER30 and a 'Goodride' on the back. (both terrible tyres)

When I got it, it had a pair of Apollo winter tyres on the front... :eek:

Soldato

He has a point though. It's a warm version of a mundane hatch. Just like when @paradigm said my fairly well modded 250bhp Rover Turbo was a "fast version of a mundane car". I didn't argue with him because he was right. I also don't advertise the fact I have an Impreza WRX STi Type UK to anyone who asks. I simply say, a Subaru Impreza.

Soldato
Ok ok, 190bhp and shy of 7 seconds to 60 is better than I thought. But still, the sooner you stop giving a toss what people here think about you and your cars, you'll live a much happier life. You remind me of myself when I was younger, I too am very guilty of posting some right dross at times :p

Still, I don't regret any of it. I had fun messing about with old rusty Rovers and I'm sure you have fun messing about with old rusty Mazdas, Toyotas and BMWs. Notice I said old just to rub salt into the wounds ;) Just don't take offence when people refer to it as "just a Toyota" because that's what it is. I still hold my Rover Turbo in high regard. It was wicked to drive and I loved it, but at the end of the day, it was just a rusty old Rover and I knew that outside of enthusiast circles and the odd retro car lover you met at petrol stations and the like, that it was exactly that.

Amen.

:D

Soldato
Come to the next Curborough meet. Loads of fun and you can easily find out the weaknesses in a car without the need to do a full on track day, only to spend half of it sitting in the pits because your brakes aren't up to scratch.

Back
Top Bottom