**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

mjt

mjt

Soldato
265/35/R19
The guy at the garage that fitted them didn't rate them (he thought they were crap tyres)
He'd never tried them on any car though.
He also hates all BMWs.....
He also didn't know how to fit the tyres correctly (yellow dot next to valve)
Not badfor a tyre fitter..
So his opinion was taken with a pinch of salt.
I'd had good experiences with Falken in the past so wanted to give them a punt, glad I did.
Are you still in Belgium? If so, whereabouts? I literally only know 1 tyre guy (runs out of a tiny little shop in Overijse) who will fit tyres NOT bought at the centre at exorbitant prices. Curious as to where you go to have your tyres fitted.

Man of Honour
How are you finding the RFT version of the AS3? I'm set on that tyre, and may opt for the RFT version for the reasons you say while I'm still under warranty. Can't be bothered with the hassle of arguing with them

Just ordered two of these for the front so I must like them.

Soldato
What a 'beautiful' tyre. PS4S

Silent, not crashy, great fun turn-in and endless grip.
I can finally put power down in my car FWD 265bhp.

Car obviously feels faster now:D literally/actually making me laugh out loud I can stomp the loud pedal in 1st/2nd now with abandon.

Highly recommended. Oh and they look smart too.

Last edited:
Soldato
I went black circles as at the time with a discount code they had worked out bit cheaper than tyre leader though have used them before and currently got some PS4's coming for the gfs car

Man of Honour
@Steedie if you search on Facebook for Ben patey. He does some stonking deals on tyres. I got my ps4s for 1/6 off internet prices at the time. He might do some as3 RFT. Won't hurt to ask.

Associate
My Products

Tyres Selected

Quantity
Amount Remove
Michelin Pilot Sport 4

225/40 R18 Y (92)
Car Tyre - Reinforced
£92.90
Quantity Decrease quantity Increase quantity
£371.60
Did you make any changes to your basket?

Details
Cost Remove
Order Discount
£40.00
Mail Order (Expected Delivery – Thu 14 Jun)
Please note that delivery to offshore and the highlands incur additional charges and delivery timescales), for more information click here
£11.50
Choose an offer*
*Maximum of one offer per purchase

If you have a Promotion Code, enter it here
You have qualified for a £40.00 discount.
Buy now pay nothing for 6 months Full options shown on payment page

Pay Now Total £343.10

And my Mechnic will Fit/balanace and dispose of the old tyres for £54

So total is £398.10 is that a good price? As he can oly order them in with fitting and all included at £126 each(£504 total)

Associate
wheres that ?
seems good, just looked at tyres myself (17") and they are more expensive than your size

blackcircles.com on the michelin they have offer if buy 4 save £40. I could get them from one of their approved fitters for literally the same price but its the time factor. my mechanic fits tyres on the side so rarely have to wait for the 5-6 customers before to get them fitted. my local tyre places u cna sometime swait 1= hour if u need 4 tires done so will do the supply only then pay him the fititng

Soldato
My friend and I both got a new set of tyres the other day, I got a full set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres for £630, he got a full set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres for £1450, both very happy with the new rubber (me especially as mine were super bald on the inside due to speed bumps).

Back
Top Bottom