**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Just fitted a set of 4 of these to my A6. Had the older Eagle F1's on before.

0tG33Y2.jpg
I’ve got a set on the front and they’re rather good. I think the Michelin PS4 is marginally better (had them on the front before, and currently on the rear) but the F1A5s are also excellent.

Soldato
I’ve got a set on the front and they’re rather good. I think the Michelin PS4 is marginally better (had them on the front before, and currently on the rear) but the F1A5s are also excellent.

I had the PS4's on my previous car and they were fantastic. These Eagle F1A5's come out a lot cheaper in this size though, I don't think there's enough of a difference between the two to make the extra cost worth it.

My Focus has these all round. I've decided I'll be sticking with them.

They've always seemed to have a good reputation. First impressions are good, certainly lovely and quiet.

Soldato
Got my four 275/35-20 Michelin MPS 4S tyres fitted a few days back, got a free £99 dashcam through an ATS-Euromaster/Michelin special offer too which was nice.

They grip well in the dry under acceleration and handle "quick but not illegal" driving in the wet quite well but I haven't really had the time/space to really push them hard and find out how different they are to my old MPSS tyres.

OcUK Staff
I've ran them all on my S2000 as got a few sets of wheels, so had PS4, F1AS5 and Continental Sport 6, my favourite surprised me as I rate the Goodyear as best, traction hardly ever intervenes and the steering directness seems sharper, also great in wet. The PS4 are practically as good but I feel the Goodyears edge them in feedback and feel, the CSC6 are also fantastic, all three are super close but the CSC6 seem a touch less sporty and they also take a lot longer to bed in, all in all none are bad they are all superb tyres, but the Goodyear for me is my favourite on the S2000.

Man of Honour
I've ran them all on my S2000 as got a few sets of wheels, so had PS4, F1AS5 and Continental Sport 6, my favourite surprised me as I rate the Goodyear as best, traction hardly ever intervenes and the steering directness seems sharper, also great in wet. The PS4 are practically as good but I feel the Goodyears edge them in feedback and feel, the CSC6 are also fantastic, all three are super close but the CSC6 seem a touch less sporty and they also take a lot longer to bed in, all in all none are bad they are all superb tyres, but the Goodyear for me is my favourite on the S2000.

I would concur. CS6 is a fantastic tyre, but for me the F1AS5s not only offer similar levels of grip across most conditions, but the grip remains high across most of their life. The CS tyres drop off noticeably with wear. I also always seem to get a good deal on the F1AS tyres. Haven’t tried the Michelin’s on a high performance car. Wouldn’t touch Pirelli P Zero again, horrific tyre in anything other than perfect conditions.

Last edited:

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
I really enjoyed the CSC6s I had on the Z4 for the 3-5 minutes that they lasted. Seriously, not a patch on the Michelins for wear. I think the PS4S still wins the "grip per mile" stakes hands down.

Soldato
F1AS5s are great tyres but..............I had 2 punctures 6 weeks apart front left (double slash puncture hard to spot needed liquid spray to find it on a vehicle ramp) & then front right (slow puncture would not hold pressure for more than a few hours could not find the leak either) and both were in almost new condition so not sure how durable they are overall.

Grip levels are insane in wet or dry very hot or very cold icy weather but I suspect they are a little soft. If I have anymore trouble with them then I shall use something else!

Soldato
I've been running the Goodyear F1AS5's now for the past year and they've been great, as has already been mentioned the grip levels in all conditions is excellent. The only issue I've had with them is they wear quite quickly, I managed around 10k on the fronts before they needed replacing. However, that is on a front-wheel-drive car pushing 300+ bhp so kind of to be expected.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
In the market for 4* 295/35/21

I note that everyone favours the PS4S at the moment, but at £283ea (oponeo) these seem to be at a rather ott price in my size - not sure if worth ~£400 for the set more than the below...

WWMD:
Yokohama Advan Sport V105 (N02) @ £172
PZero (N0) @ £181
Goodyear AS3 @ £183
Continental CS5 @ £196
Continental CrossContact (N0) @ £196
Continental CS5P (N0) @ £199

Not a fast driver...not sure that i care about N rating.

Underboss
In the market for 4* 295/35/21

I note that everyone favours the PS4S at the moment, but at £283ea (oponeo) these seem to be at a rather ott price in my size - not sure if worth ~£400 for the set more than the below...

WWMD:
Yokohama Advan Sport V105 (N02) @ £172
PZero (N0) @ £181
Goodyear AS3 @ £183
Continental CS5 @ £196
Continental CrossContact (N0) @ £196
Continental CS5P (N0) @ £199

Not a fast driver...not sure that i care about N rating.

try Black circles

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Like you, I'd be reluctant to pay that much more for them. Can you get the F1A5s or Conti CS6 for much of a saving?
Neither of those tyres are available in the size, the credible tyres are just as listed really :) Might just go CS5, had them before and seemed to wear well. My memories of AS3s in the past was that they were good, but wore badly.

Back
Top Bottom