**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Man of Honour
Not happy with bursting my front offside tyre in a pot hole 3-4 months back on my BMW, needing a new tyre, I did it again last night leaving my house on one of the cattle grids. Same tyre, same issue, new tyre 2 needed. My own fault this time, I did leave far far too quickly over what I know to be a bumpy grid but still annoyed. :(

Man of Honour
Not happy with bursting my front offside tyre in a pot hole 3-4 months back on my BMW, needing a new tyre, I did it again last night leaving my house on one of the cattle grids. Same tyre, same issue, new tyre 2 needed. My own fault this time, I did leave far far too quickly over what I know to be a bumpy grid but still annoyed. :(

Sounds like you need I dunno a big 4x4...

Man of Honour
New tyre on....again.

Last one did 1500 miles at most :(

I suspect neither would have gone, like they did, had they not have been run flat tyres. The extra strong sidewall was the issue, zero give, both braking at the same place on the edge where the tyre bonds to the wheel. Driving it 5 miles to a local fitter also puts huge heat into the broken tyre, which shows as browning of the inside of the tyre and breakdown of the internal bonding. I would not want to do many more miles on that tyre in run flat mode.

Caporegime
New tyre on....again.

Last one did 1500 miles at most :(

I suspect neither would have gone, like they did, had they not have been run flat tyres. The extra strong sidewall was the issue, zero give, both braking at the same place on the edge where the tyre bonds to the wheel. Driving it 5 miles to a local fitter also puts huge heat into the broken tyre, which shows as browning of the inside of the tyre and breakdown of the internal bonding. I would not want to do many more miles on that tyre in run flat mode.

Detest runflats. Having had to replace 315/40R20 twice in the first 3 weeks of having my car is expensive and annoying and nobody ever keeps them in stock so you have to wait for the next day.

Soldato
Changed my car from CrossClimate+ to Pilot Sport 5. The PS5 seem much quieter even though there wasn’t much difference on the tyre information label.

Soldato
Bridgestone Potenza Sport out in some nice 18" sizes if after UUHP tyres.

Probably will be my next tyre.

Soldato
What's it like over winter ? I have cc plus and ideally I want to change to ps4/5

Oh wait it's summer..
No idea. Since I’ve had the CC+ the winters haven’t been that bad. Due to my circumstances if the weather was really bad I could either use public transport or WFH on the one day of the week I’m supposed to be in the office.

Associate
Just swapped the Bridgestone Potenza RFT on the rear of my m140i to Michelin PS5 and wow what a difference in terms of grip, noise and comfort. Might have to bin the fronts off earlier than planned

Man of Honour
Going to swap all the rubbish (my experience) Bridgestone RF tyres off my BMW and swap them for MP4S (known entity). Anyone know of any deals as I am looking over a grand at the moment. Asda seems to be the cheapest I have found so far, 20-30 quid per tyre less than blackcricles for example.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Going to swap all the rubbish (my experience) Bridgestone RF tyres off my BMW and swap them for MP4S (known entity). Anyone know of any deals as I am looking over a grand at the moment. Asda seems to be the cheapest I have found so far, 20-30 quid per tyre less than blackcricles for example.

Have you tried Costco?

Associate
Used Etyres recently and got a 5% discount code if you’d like it? Got 2 in fact.

Soldato
Well needed new tyres for the Camper van, so 19s have gone up in price and with so many bills etc, ended up with Avon ZV7's in a 245/40/19... four of them £486 all in including fitting tomorrow at my home so... can't argue with that really

Caporegime

What size you after?

EDIT. Black circles have 15% off MP4S today fitted ad 10% off mail order. Surprised Asda still beats them by £20-£30 per tyre.

EG 275/35 R19 Y (100) MP4S are £244.71mail order and £246.91 fully fitted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom