**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Man of Honour
I thought the Turanza T005 was a summer tyre? Maybe it’s Bridgestones funny number/naming system.

It is - I was saying even it has coped with what we've had so far where I am. Though weirdly it gets categorised as all-season on an MOT?!?

Man of Honour
Where on your MOT does it say that?

Not sure if it is officially part of the MOT process but I've always had a vehicle health check print out with a section for tyre tread depth and estimated condition/wear and the t005s always get marked down as all-seasons for some reason.

Soldato
forecast said no snow here, but we had a little over night

5am i went to work (I have Cross Climate Plus)
Think this is the first time ive driven in snow with all season tyres and
handled snow very well i thought

coming home was clear, but pulled in to my side rode, very slushy, got down to my house, and im not sure if it was snow, compact snow or ice, but touch the brakes and the tyres wouldn't grip very well
no accident though, i was hoping for more grip than this, which is why i went with these tyres in the first place, as finding you cant stop, is heart in mouth moment !!

I am looking to get these on my Polo as they don't do CC2s for the size I need. How are those Plus ones?

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure if it is officially part of the MOT process but I've always had a vehicle health check print out with a section for tyre tread depth and estimated condition/wear and the t005s always get marked down as all-seasons for some reason.

Ah, yeah that makes more sense. It’s defo not officially part of the MOT.

Strange as to why they go down as all seasons, might be an error on their system.

Caporegime
-6 around where I live with some snow and lots of ice. The Bridgestone blizzard LM001 winter tyres have performed exceptionally well so far. Not one slip or wheel spin and handling round corners just like it was on the summer tyres in summer. Very impressed so far and the Blizzards arent the best winter tyres to have by some margin but they came on the wheels.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Ah, yeah that makes more sense. It’s defo not officially part of the MOT.

Strange as to why they go down as all seasons, might be an error on their system.

Definitely summer on the datasheet - it is more than one place which has put them down as all-seasons though.

Interestingly the dealer I take my truck to doesn't seem to know how to classify the all-terrain/all-seasons on them (Falken Wildpeak AT3WA) and just leaves that section blank.

Soldato
Looks like my best bet is the new Bridgestone Potenza Sport at a hair under £500 for the pair.

Are you specifically looking for such a performance tyre?

Tyre Reviews “Overall - The Bridgestone Potenza Sport continues to be an exciting tyre to drive, with sporty handling and excellent dynamic properties in the dry and wet. This does compromise the aquaplaning ability, comfort levels and rolling resistance of the tyre, and as the only tyre with the starting tread depth below 7mm, this is a tyre for the enthusiast that prioritises driving enjoyment.”

Could be false economy due to the lower starting tread depth?

I just had a quick look on CamSkill and found 295/30/20 Hankook Ventus S1 Evo3 for £182.50 including VAT each, then fitting for example at Dexel is £12.50 a corner.

Tyre Reviews - Overall - The Hankook Ventus S1 Evo3 once again proves to be a tyre with extremely high levels of safety by having by far the shortest wet braking distance, short dry braking, and a safe understeer balance in handling. However having tested the Evo3 in the same test as the touring bias Bridgestone Turanza T005, the tyre feels dynamically closer to touring tyre than UHP tyre, so is one to pass on if you're looking for a sporty feeling drive.

Thats without the 5% Xmas discount applied.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom