**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Soldato
Spotted this beauty on the way home.
Speechless..

uc

Soldato
Ok, buying new tyres for my M550i to get rid of the runflat eagle f1s, and I have narrowed it down to:

Continental Sport Contact 7
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

Sizes:

245/35/20 95Y
275/30/20 97Y

The Michelins are a known quantity, and very readily available. Best price I can find is about £1,100 all in

The SC7 are getting incredible reviews, and are actually great value compared to the Michelins. Best price I can find is £850 all in. I've actually ordered these for fitting next week (though I'd actually prefer it earlier).

However, in the SC7 the front size is really hard to find in stock anywhere, and I've ordered from basically the only place that had any. I'm concerned by this, as if I get a puncture or whatever I don't want to be stuck unable to get one. The continental website doesn't even show my size for this tyre?

Any thoughts?

Caporegime
As stupid as that sounds, after three punctures in the first 6 months on the rear tyres of my bmw which were a stupid size which hardly anybody keeps in stock, I was tempted to do the same.

Soldato
@rG-tom would you be able to get 255/35/20 on your front rims? Might make turn in a little heavier but they’re readily available.

I’ve recently purchased SC7 for my Volvo, not done much mileage on them but so far they’re a lot better than the Pirelli pzeros it came with.

Soldato
so tyre-shopper have emailed to say they didn't have stock despite saying they did, so that order is cancelled.

getting PS4S fitted on Saturday morning, f1 autocentres price-beat black circles (so knocked a bit more off too) and are part of the Michelin £100 if you buy 4, so total price £977 fitted for 4 PS4S. I'll take that.

Soldato
@rG-tom would you be able to get 255/35/20 on your front rims? Might make turn in a little heavier but they’re readily available.

I’ve recently purchased SC7 for my Volvo, not done much mileage on them but so far they’re a lot better than the Pirelli pzeros it came with.

good idea, but i'd rather stick with the correct sizes!

Soldato
Had my 3rd rear puncture (never the fronts always the rear for some weird reason!) yesterday since it was a new vehicle last year.......now waiting off road for a few days to get it replaced! Think it was the pothole damage from a few weeks ago which nicked the tyre on the edge & made it eventually fail.

Had a good look at it when they swapped the alloys over a few weeks ago but it seemed fine then yesterday evening while going to the local garage for petrol the warning came up on the dashboard & it would not hold pressure so crawled home at low speed as still well over 20PSi in it (only a 2 min drive) now waiting to get the replacement ordered tomorrow as no-one carries this size tyre on the mobile vans.

Soldato
Seems like none of the recently released sports tyres are available in 17s... :o

Any recommendations for 225/45/17? Have literally melted and taken out chunks of the previous Continental Premium Contact 6s and ContiSport Contact 5s...

They're for my 2002 Impreza STi. Looking for a fast road and track tyre, but have no interest in semi slicks as I'd like to retain some grip when it's colder and more... moist :p

Underboss
Seems like none of the recently released sports tyres are available in 17s... :o

Any recommendations for 225/45/17? Have literally melted and taken out chunks of the previous Continental Premium Contact 6s and ContiSport Contact 5s...

They're for my 2002 Impreza STi. Looking for a fast road and track tyre, but have no interest in semi slicks as I'd like to retain some grip when it's colder and more... moist :p

i thought you sold that car ages ago ?

Back
Top Bottom