**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Associate
Quick Query:

I recently had a car MOT, and a few days after (the day before I'm suppose to drive 50+ miles) whilst cleaning the car I noticed a nail on the rear right tyre near the corner (god damn) so it had to be replaced.

I hastily got it changed however they only had a Marshall Tyres and because I'm a sausage, I replaced only that one tyre but with a different brand called Marshall (other ones are Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2).

I had to get it changed because it was a Sunday and I was on the motorway the next day.

The current tread on all the Goodyear tyres is 6mm, should I get the Marshall replaced again with correct brand, or keep it how it is.

Thanks in advance!

Soldato
Is anyone running the Hankook Kinergy 4S2 all season tyre?

Looking to replace my aging set of Michelin crossclimate 2 and I see the Hankook’s have come 1st place in the AutoExpress group test. Never used Hankook’s before, but these seem decent. These are to go on our Passat estate which we use for backup kiddy duties and long distance trips.

Thoughts/insights welcome.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Quick Query:

I recently had a car MOT, and a few days after (the day before I'm suppose to drive 50+ miles) whilst cleaning the car I noticed a nail on the rear right tyre near the corner (god damn) so it had to be replaced.

I hastily got it changed however they only had a Marshall Tyres and because I'm a sausage, I replaced only that one tyre but with a different brand called Marshall (other ones are Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2).

I had to get it changed because it was a Sunday and I was on the motorway the next day.

The current tread on all the Goodyear tyres is 6mm, should I get the Marshall replaced again with correct brand, or keep it how it is.

Thanks in advance!

What car and which specific Marshal tyre? probably won't matter unless you have an ultra picky 4x4/AWD vehicle in that respect.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Their stock seems terrible. Nothing in 215 40r18 or 205 40 18.

Though they do have some old Goodyear As3 in 215 40r18 for £105 a tyre fitted which is cheap!

If you go into the store you can ask them to order in almost any tyre Michelin make. Whether it is delivered or not within the offer timescales is another matter, but they will do it.

Caporegime
If you go into the store you can ask them to order in almost any tyre Michelin make. Whether it is delivered or not within the offer timescales is another matter, but they will do it.
At the time they had PS5‘s on order for five weeks and still had no confirmed delivery date. That was nearly three months ago though so things may have changed.

Soldato
I've settled with ordering from Protyre in the end. 4 x Michelin Pilot Sport 5 for £620 fitted.
215 40r18

My PS4's are well worn now. I'm really looking forward to some new and improved rubber.

uc

Soldato
current kwik-fit offer 15%/ PREMTYRE is pretty good making me £110 / corner either GY efficient grips or MI multi-climates;
current goodyears have developed cracks longitudinally in treads, so maybe it's time for a change
stupid quick fit site have to pretend to book an appointment before you can see impact of code.

Soldato
How often are Protyre and Blackcircles sales? Both have flash sales off until end of tomorrow - 20% (though it's not working for me) and 15% respectively - but I still have another 1000 miles / 6 weeks at least in my tyres until they reach around 2-3mm. And the Michelin offer of £20 cashback which also expires tomorrow.

2x PSS would come down from £270 fitted to around £220-230, and maybe cashback on top.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom