**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Looking at new tyres for my 306, 195/55/15 - comparatively expensive size! For reference, the car currently has a mix-match of tyres on - I believe the rear two are like-for-like, but the front two both differ from the rear, so looking to at least balance it out without spending a lot!

Been looking at the Uniroyal RainExpert and the Hankook K425 Kinergy; anyone have experience and or recommendations for them? Car is far too old for my liking, but current financial situation means I'll be keeping that and repairing what I can rather than selling/scrapping and getting something else!

Soldato
I wanted to get some Mich Pilot Super Sports but had an issue finding them in the exact spec I wanted. Settled for Goodyear F1 Asy II, seem pretty good but I cannot compare to the OEM RE05A's as I never had those from new.

Soldato
OP
That's what i've read also, supposed to be a decent tyre. I believe that Gibbo has posted about them several times and has quite a high opinion of them.

I've had V12 evo's on my ST, and they were not the worst tyre I've had in the world, but they definitely are not best.

They are very much middle ground, and would probably be a good buy for your average hatchback/family car. Certainly won't be putting them on my ST again...

Caporegime
I have no frame of reference as the previous set of tyres before the v12 were a mix bag from conti, Pirelli and toyo but during the time that I had the v12 I haven't once found it to lose grip or felt unsafe.

I would have no problem of buying them again on my car but their price have gone up 20% since I got them so from that perspective it is not as good value for money anymore.

Soldato
Really struggling to find some 235/45/19 alternatives to my current Bridgestone Dueler HP Sports. Alternatives at a decent price at least. Has anyone any experience of ContiProContact tyres?. They are coming in at @£30 less than the Bridgestones which cost about £190 a corner.

Associate
I'm potentially after 4 new tyres for my 1.8 focus soon. Size 205/55/16 91V. Had michelins on the back from new and had bridgestone er300s on the front for last 25k.

Ideally id like 4 new er300s but can't seem to find them anywhere. Whats the best shortlist for me to look round for the best deal?

Cheers.

Soldato
OP
Had the Conti 5's fitted on Friday and had hunter aligment done as well. All I can say is I should have done this a long time ago.

Never again will I fit sub standard tyres to the car. The Falken's were abysmal, it has been raining constantly since I had the Conti's fitted and they have more grip in the wet than the Falken's had in the dry.

Looking forward to seeing what they offer in the dry :). I think they will let me push the car further than I would probably let myself!

Back
Top Bottom