• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unreal Engine 5 - unbelievable.

Associate
This is genuinely the closest thing that's come to blowing me away since going i remember playing the PS1 for the first time coming from a snes, Plating tomb raider, tekken and resident evil in 3d blew me away! After the ps1 though every next gen system seemed to be an expected next logical step nothing mind-blowing upgrade, I never thought i would come close to truly getting that mind blowing experience again but some of these videos are right up there!

Soldato
Fluid/particle fx.

ah, finally water simulation and visuals that's better than Bioshock. I was starting to think nothing would ever beat Bioshock after a decade later still seeing countless games released with absolutely pathetic attempts to render water

Last edited:
Associate
We're all gonna need lots more storage because these games are going to be huge in size. Even current games such as Battlefield and ESO are 100gb, COD is 180gb
NVME's need to come down in price. I'd like a 4tb pcie4x4 (especially with the upcoming win 11 Direct Storage) but they are £550

Man of Honour
Fluid/particle fx.

The lack of decent water is one of the things which has really killed the immersion of games - TDU2 for instance had some fairly decent graphics for the most part until you got to things like waterfalls which were LOL worthy billboard sprites :( (around the same parts the limits of their terrain engine would start to show as well).

Associate
We're all gonna need lots more storage because these games are going to be huge in size. Even current games such as Battlefield and ESO are 100gb, COD is 180gb
NVME's need to come down in price. I'd like a 4tb pcie4x4 (especially with the upcoming win 11 Direct Storage) but they are £550
Well ps5 has some compression tech that could make its way to PCs?

Man of Honour
Games like BF/COD are't using Unreal 5, so why do people think games that do will need more space?!

I'm not too bothered either way, I have a 1TB OS nvme and an 8TB SATA SSD so on the rare chance I need the space, I'll utilise that I think.

Soldato
Well ps5 has some compression tech that could make its way to PCs?

Its so damn minor though - games are like 10% to 20% smaller on ps5 it's not much and it's because of the ssd. If you give me an SSD that is 10 times faster than the previous drive that's great but it's not all gonna be visible in real world gaming, but the performance is there and so that means we can compress games more heavily without affecting visible loading.

But hang on, what about HDds? Exactly.. if you start compressing games more on PC then anyone that doesn't have a fancy fast pcie SSD is going to suffer severely.

It's one thing to make your game load faster if someone has a fast drive and wants to take advantage of it, it's another thing entirely to compress your game and force everyone to upgrade their drives or suffer 5 minute loading screens.

If developers do want to take advantage of direct storage and pcie4+ SSD drives then they should publish two versions of the game files on PC - like one 100gb game file for anyone who can't use direct storage and one 70 or 80GB file for anyone who does use direct storage

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom