Upcoming Concerts

Soldato
Sleaford Mods - Not great sound system let them down (shame on you rock city)

I can't remember the last time I saw a band at Rock City where the sound was good, it always seems average to poor. Generally with over saturated thudding bass being the biggest culprit.

I tend to not choose that venue much anymore.

Associate
Hmm lets see :p

This far I got this ones booked:

Jan 13 - Sabaton - Brixton Academy, London
Jan 20 - Meshuggah - Kentish Town Forum, London
Jan 21 - Avenged Sevenfold (with In Flames & Disturbed) O2 Arena, London

Feb 3 - Epica - Shepherds Bush, London
Feb 17 - Trivium - Roundhouse, London

March 3 - Apocalyptica
March 17 - Devin Townsend Project
Possible Mar 18 - Devin Townsend Project

September 23 - Devin Townsnd Project in Plovdiv, Bulgaria
September 28 - Gabriel Iglesias (i know, not a concert but he is a damn good comedian)

Soldato
Placebo last Friday at the Hydro was major cool. :cool:

Support bands weren't much cop though.

We timed it so we strolled in as Placebo started!

I enjoyed it as it was basically all their best songs. They sound like they do on the albums which is always a bonus.

We have the pretty reckless in January and I might go see Bad Manners ont he 2nd for something to do. :D

Soldato
OP
May 16th we've got Iron Maiden in Glasgow - been a fan for many, many years and really looking forward to this one :)

Oct 3rd - Neil Diamond in Glasgow on his 50th year anniversary tour!

Seen him three times now in concert and he never fails to impress. Given his age I'm thinking this maybe his last time in Scotland so I bought the tickets and booked the time off work ;)

Associate
On Friday I'll see Trivium at the Roundhouse in London, I also got myself tickets to see Ghost at Kentish Town Forum on the 26th of March and Steve N Seagulls on 1st of April. Going to be awesome

Man of Honour
Oct 3rd - Neil Diamond in Glasgow on his 50th year anniversary tour!

Seen him three times now in concert and he never fails to impress. Given his age I'm thinking this maybe his last time in Scotland so I bought the tickets and booked the time off work ;)

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realise he was touring. I'm really quite tempted although he's not playing in London. Manchester seems achievable though.

Associate
I'm making the effort to see more live music this year.

Jan: Avenged/Disturbed
Feb: Skindred, Me first and the gimme gimmes
Mar: Steve'n'Seagulls
May: Hayseed Dixie
June: Download Festival
November: Alice Cooper

Hoping to get tickets for greenday on Friday as misses was really disappointed i didn't tickets for the Feb gigs.

Associate
I'm making the effort to see more live music this year.

Hoping to get tickets for greenday on Friday as misses was really disappointed i didn't tickets for the Feb gigs.

Thanks didnt know Alice was touring , just bought 2 for Birmingham

Associate
Woop just bagged a pair of greenday tickets

July: Greenday

Tk7

Tk7

Associate
On Friday I'll see Trivium at the Roundhouse in London, I also got myself tickets to see Ghost at Kentish Town Forum on the 26th of March and Steve N Seagulls on 1st of April. Going to be awesome

Saw Trivium last night at Rock City, they were solid as usual. I've seen them quite a few times now and they have always been good. Rock City is down the road for me too so I was at home with a cuppa by half ten =)

Thinking of going to Devin Townsend Project on 18th March, anyone seen them live? I like Devin, he's a great frontman, and i'm sure they will be worth seeing

Associate
Trivium was very good at the Roundhouse. I'm actually going to Nottingham to see Devin Townsend in March. I'm seeing him first at Hammersmith on the Friday and heading up to Nottingham the day after. They are really good live. I saw their show at the Royal Albert Hall a few years ago and it was amazing, plus I did see Devin when he did the acoustic tour in UK in the autumn the same year. He is ridicously talented and an amazing artist. I love how open he is with all his struggles and so in life. So I would definately recommend you to get a ticket to see him. And I'm going to Bulgaria to see his show in Plovdiv in September in the old roman amphitheater.

Caporegime
Guns N Roses at Slane castle in May :cool:

Yes I realise it's not the full lineup which is a shame as for me Adler makes a huge difference to their sound but it's still Axl, Slash and Duff. Considering I thought there was zero chance i'd ever see those three together on stage, i'll take it.

Back
Top Bottom