Man of Honour
Have so many gigs to look forward to!

Metallica
Queens of the Stone Age
Robert Plant
Australian Pink floyd
Extreme

:D

I'm expecting Roger Waters to announce UK dates tomorrow.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Hoping to snag tickets for Prodigy in Dec for Manchester Apollo. Saw them last at Warehouse protect a few years ago and it was mental. Gotta be done again

Associate
I know its not a concert but I jsut got home from seeing Gabriel Iglesias at Hammersmith, and oooh that was a good one. I had cramp in my stomach from laughing, a really great set with a lot of new stuff.

Associate
Last night I did see Alter Bridge at Royal Albert Hall and it was damn good. They were backed up by an orchestra who did a very good work and it was mixed very good so you could really hear them too. Really enjoyed the night and Myles Kennedy is a damn amazing singer.

Soldato
OP
Saw Neil Diamond on his 50th anniversary tour in Glasgow last night - he might be old but dam he's still good live :)

His two backing singers really need to call it a day though imo . . . . .

Not quite a concert but we're also off to see Bruce Dickinson on the 20th as he has "An Audience With" in Edinburgh. He's promoting his new book (which I was going to buy anyway) so for the price of the tickets we get an audience along with a signed copy of his book and a beer included in the £32.00 ticket price :)

Associate
That "An Audience with Bruce Dickinson" sounds like a really amazing thing. I'm waiting for his book myself and really looking forward to it.

Today I did see Ricky Gervais at Hammersmith, it was a really good laugh and I really enjoyed the night. Now I have to wait aaaaall the way until wednesday for my next show, Sleepmakeswaves at the Underworld in Camden.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Attended Alter Bridge with Parallax Orchestra at Royal Albert Hall on Tuesday. Amazing set, amazing effort, band played and sung their souls off - it's going to make for fantastic BluRay in few months, but from very good seats in front tier, right below speakers, to me sound in Royal Albert Hall is now officially inaudible. I don't know what they've done to the console but it's my fourth concert in a row where sound in RAH is just a muffled pulpy mash, as if we were standing on the other side of the door behind the stage. :( Going to Marilion in the same venue next week.

alterbridgerah.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I was on the Tuesday gig as well and was quite close to the stage and 3rd row as well. I thought it was a quite good sound from where I was sitting at least =/ I might been just a few rows away from you judging from your pic.

Edit: I'm quite tempted to get a ticket to Marillion if there is any left on the day as I get paid for my extra shifts next Friday. So will see. I did miss Marillion in Plovdiv a few weeks ago though.

Soldato
Edit: I'm quite tempted to get a ticket to Marillion if there is any left on the day as I get paid for my extra shifts next Friday. So will see. I did miss Marillion in Plovdiv a few weeks ago though.

It's unlikely there will be any on the door but there is a Facebook group called 'The Marillion Ticket Repository' where you might be able to get a ticket.

I'll be there and have pretty good seats - Arena A, row 5.

Associate
I've been to a few concerts there and thought there have been good enough sound. Could it be down to the artists and their sound engineers too? As I know that some artists put a lot of effort down to make sure they got good/great sound. Isn't Steven Wilson known to be a bit pedantic in regards of the sound? Devin Townsend had very good sound too. And now you remembered me to check tickets for Steven Wilson in march :D
Regarding Marillion I got the issue that I got about £20 to live on until Friday next week so I will see what I can find on the day :)

Back
Top Bottom