Upcoming Concerts

Soldato
It could be partly down the the sound engineers, and yes, SW is quite particular about things like that. Next time you're there though look up at the ceilong. Those foam mushroom things are there to help with the inherently bad accoustics.

SW will be something special there, I've been to all his RAH gigs and will be at all 3 nights in March.

Soldato
Just bought tickets to Dinosaur Pile Up at the Garage next month. I saw them a few years ago in Leeds. Boy they were loud! The new album is fantastic.

Soldato
Seeing Elvana (An Elvis impersonator fronted Nirvana tribute band) tonight. I find I enjoy these smaller gigs more fun than the big arenas and festivals, so nice to scale it down.

Soldato
Seeing Elvana (An Elvis impersonator fronted Nirvana tribute band) tonight. I find I enjoy these smaller gigs more fun than the big arenas and festivals, so nice to scale it down.
That sounds so random!

I now have the following lined up Nov:
Dinosaur Pile Up
Royal Blood & At the Drive-In
Queens of the Stone Age (O2 VIP! The day after RB)

And Foo Fighters next year. Woop woop!

:D:D

Associate
Speaking about Elvis impersonators, there is a group in the US called "Metal-Elvis" with an Elvis-impersonator on song, but singing the Elvis songs over various songs from Metallica, Guns N Roses and Led Zeppelin among others :p

I'm waiting to see Anathema and Alcest in Prague next week :) Going to be brilliant

Associate
Yesterday I did see Alcest and Anathema at Lucerna Music Bar in Prague, two really good bands and a very nice intimate venue (my first time there). Both bands put on a very good show and the crowd did get very close to the stage too. Definately will take another trip to Prague if any other bands I like will play there :)

Associate
Seeing Queens of the Stone Age next month and got tickets to see ex Mansun front man Paul Draper in February next year, apparently he's going to be playing 'Attack of the Grey Lantern' start to finish, really looking forward to that.

Associate
Does anyone know of any site that lists concerts coming up? So I wouldn't have to search through all artists I like and all the various ticket companies in hunt of tickets?

Soldato
I've always wondered about BiT. I used Songkick for a while, back when I used Last.fm a lot. Last.fm logged what you listened to and you would then track that artist in Songkick. It'd tell you about gigs etc. Not bad, but I can't be bothered to use Last.fm anymore and Songkick doesn't seem to sync up with my Google Play Music library.

Associate
I'm hoping to get a ticket to see Trivium and Steven Wilson in march, just damn short of cash right now. And I'm sure there is some other concert I've forgotten too though..

Back
Top Bottom