Upcoming Concerts

Associate
I hope to be able to tick off Foo Fighters on my list as well some day. I'm off to France and Hellfest tomorrow morning :p :)

And in the autumn I'm looking at gigs with Serenity, Kamelot, Powerwolf, Nightwish and Steve'N'Seagulls in London and I'm very tempted to go to Prague to see Alcest :)

Man of Honour
This probably isn't everyone's cup of tea and frankly it isn't usually mine. But a couple of weeks ago I took the kids to the Capital Radio Summertime Ball at Wembley and loved it. Last week I took my daughter to see Camila Cabello at Brixton and she was utterly fantastic. Again not the sort of act I would go to without the kids but I have to say she really was good.

Demi Lovato next week which I'm not expecting to be so good (with my daughter again).

Permabanned
Looks very pretty. Did you enjoy?

<<<< OLD FOGEY WARNING >>>>

One wonders how much pressure she is under by her management to wear
the revealing hotpants and tight catsuits.

In the centenary of Women's Suffrage it's still depressing that young female singers
need to dress and act like $60 hookers, as their fan base is teen girls and gay men
who exactly are they aiming their sexuality and thrusting their pudenda at ?

Their parents must be really proud.

Man of Honour
Have had two gigs recently and one more coming up:

Rolling Stones (5/5)

Foo Fighters (4.5/5 - really good but pretty indulgent in the way they extended EVERY song’s ‘middle section’... especially unnecessary for the first half a dozen songs - became a little formulaic to me. Won me back around by the end)

Roger Waters - Birmingham :cool:

Soldato
One wonders how much pressure she is under by her management to wear
the revealing hotpants and tight catsuits.
Probably a fair amount of pressure. The problem is that it's very normalised in the industry. To her wearing a revealing catsuit is probably as normal as your other half walking out in a pair of ripped jeans and a tshirt. That said, it's probably a bit unfair to say she acts like a hooker :)

Foo Fighters (4.5/5 - really good but pretty indulgent in the way they extended EVERY song’s ‘middle section’... especially unnecessary for the first half a dozen songs - became a little formulaic to me. Won me back around by the end)
Glad I wasn't the only one. I didn't want to say anything to my girlfriend because she was totally over the moon with finally getting to see them (we had mega-rage after their last tour sold out and was being touted 5mins later). But yeah, for a 2.5hr set it felt like they only played about 10 songs. Probably my main issue was that my girlfriend didn't want to go too close so the sound was a bit naff. I really don't like stadium gigs... It was still awesome to see them though :)

Associate
Crikey! That Hellfest line up is quality.

Hellfest was absolutely amazing (even though that isn't good enough description). Already on the Friday had I decided to go back next year :D Sometimes it was difficult to decide to which show to go to :p On Sunday they already announced some of the first bands for next year, Slayer, Dropkick Murphys and Manowar....
I'm going to Wacken in August but this year Hellfest definately seem to have the better line up of those two festivals.

Glad I wasn't the only one. I didn't want to say anything to my girlfriend because she was totally over the moon with finally getting to see them (we had mega-rage after their last tour sold out and was being touted 5mins later). But yeah, for a 2.5hr set it felt like they only played about 10 songs. Probably my main issue was that my girlfriend didn't want to go too close so the sound was a bit naff. I really don't like stadium gigs... It was still awesome to see them though :)

I'm so damn annoyed as I missed Foo Fighters last time as I was going to see them when Dave managed to fall off the stage and break his leg in Sweden.. And when they rearranged the concerts I didn't have money to buy tickets or possibility to go to Milton Keyes either. And this time it feel at the same time as Hellfest (which I did prioritise more).

Soldato
Any of you chaps familiar with Scala and what's it like getting out of there to Kings Cross when a concert finishes? I'm going in August and it's due to finish at 11pm and I need to get to Victoria Coach station by midnight. I know Victoria well enough and how long it takes to get from the underground to the coach station but I have no idea what Kings Cross is like....

Associate
Scala isn't that far from Kings Cross so it shouldn't take too long time. I've never been to Scala but I've been past there many times when staying in London. Trying to figure out how long time it would take to get from Scala to Victoria Coach Station and think you would be able to get there in 40-45 minutes.

Associate
I hope to be able to tick off Foo Fighters on my list as well some day. I'm off to France and Hellfest tomorrow morning :p :)

And in the autumn I'm looking at gigs with Serenity, Kamelot, Powerwolf, Nightwish and Steve'N'Seagulls in London and I'm very tempted to go to Prague to see Alcest :)

Considered Brutal Assault festival in Czech Republic? I can recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom