Upcoming Concerts

Soldato
Popped over to the Rescue Rooms at Nottingham last night for an impromptu gig to see Myrkur - who I had never even heard of before Tuesday :p

They were good, through an eclectic mix of Norse/Swedish folk music (the first half of the set) and Black Metal (the second half of the set) but the absolute highlight of the evening was the support act, which was only listed as TBC on the ticket....Jo Quail. Wow, absolutely amazing. I had to google her during the set to find out who she was and no surprise when it said she was an internationally acclaimed virtuoso cellist and film score composer. I had been getting the feeling of Clint Mansell when listening to her.

But yea, one of those times when you do something spur of the moment and experience something magical

Someone has put this on youtube from the gig in London the other day

Soldato
The atmosphere was weird when I saw The Dead South in Bristol last year. I was there to dance and have a party but the majority were over 40 and frowning on anyone moving a muscle.

It could have been due to the gig being moved from the lantern of the Colston Hall which was seated last time I went there.

Luckily we found a pocket of like minded peeps to party with.

It would be good to see them again when the crowd have a bit of energy though.

Commissario
We're seeing Fleetingwood Mac again in Portsmouth on 21st April and then Bears Den on 23rd April, trying to get to more gigs this year!

Associate
Slow Readers Club again on 26th March in Bristol, following month Bears Den 17th April in Southampton.

Also considering Victorious Festival again this year for the fourth consecutive year.

Associate
Don't suppose there's any Number Girl fans here? One of the best Japanese rock bands from the late 90s/early 2000s and hugely influential in their music scene. They've announced their reunion after 17 years and will be playing live at Rising Sun Rock Festival in August 2019.

Associate
Slow Readers Club again on 26th March in Bristol, following month Bears Den 17th April in Southampton.

Also considering Victorious Festival again this year for the fourth consecutive year.

Slow Readers Club are great, I first discovered them at Victorious Festival 3 years ago. Tempted to go and see them at Bedford Esquires in a couple of weeks.

I've got tickets for a rare Cambridge appearance by Idlewild on 1st May. Oddly, Cambridge is getting a few decent gigs this year (Suede, Idlewild, Manics), not sure whats changed?!

Associate
Slow Readers Club are great, I first discovered them at Victorious Festival 3 years ago. Tempted to go and see them at Bedford Esquires in a couple of weeks.

Very much like them. This will be my 3rd time seeing them after first having discovered them via Chris Hawkins on 6 Music. My first time seeing them live was also Bristol, but at Thekla, a converted former cargo ship, late 2017.

Have been to Victorious the last 3 years running and ironically missed their set when they performed there, which I think was 2017.

Associate
Got 3 gigs coming up next month. In Flames at the Roundhouse, Avantasia at Kentish Town Forum and Devin Townsend (acoustic) at Bush Hall. Really looking forward to all three of them.

Back
Top Bottom