Upcoming Concerts

From where I was sitting I could see quite a lot of people vaping.

Did you notice the slightly altered words in 'Fear of a Blank Planet?'

It's really quite special. Add in Ropert Fripp being all Robert Fripp and it's really amazing to watch.

Did you notice the slightly altered words in 'Fear of a Blank Planet?'
“He’s in a band / They sound like Japan”) according to https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/porcupine-tree/2022/ovo-arena-wembley-london-england-23be701b.html

My first time seeing PT and it was a really great gig. I saw Gavin with KC at Hackney Empire a few years ago and that was an incredible gig.
We were stuck up the back in D1. We're tall so had a clear few for the full 120m to the stage!
God it was hot and stuffy in there though and yes there were a surprising number of people vaping. Didn't bother me much as they weren't right in front on me. At least better and safer than when we were all allowed to smoke...

I was more at ease listening to this material than The Incident, I really don't think much of that album.

It wouldn't surprise me if they call it quits again after the festivals next year. SW likes being in control and he has less control in PT than he does over his solo stuff.

My first time seeing PT and it was a really great gig. I saw Gavin with KC at Hackney Empire a few years ago and that was an incredible gig.

I haven't counted but I must have seen PT 25 times or so. I miss seeing them in the small venues such as The Scala and Cambridge Junction.

I also saw KC at the Hackney Empire too, September 2015 I think it was. It was a great gig, my first time seeing KC but we had awful seats, so high up and at such a steep angle that I felt like I was getting vertigo.

Reactions: gEd
As I said above - excellent night but I too would much rather see PT or indeed Steven solo in a smaller venue - these big arenas are not great for many reasons - inc distance to stage, number of people (plus bigger gigs seem to attract what I would describe as people there for the event rather than the band i.e way more chatting/walking about etc) but I guess the benefit for them is one gig = 12,500 peeps which would need 5 or 6 shows at places like Hammersmith, Leicester. Wolves Civic etc.

Reactions: gEd
I'm going to see an Eagles Tribute band at our local village hall.

In about 5 minutes.

If they are **** at least the bar is cheap and it's a 2 minute walk home :)

Edit: bloody brilliant.

Last edited:
Went to see Wet Leg on Fri, very enjoyable, though a short set at ~1hr, I guess they don't have that much material lol. Fontaines DC on Tues and Ozric Tentacles on Sat.

But these ticket touts/resellers are just getting obscene. Unbeknown to me, my partner got the Wet Leg tickets from Viagogo to surprise me as I had wanted to see them but their entire tour was sold out. She paid ~£80 ea for them, with a face value of £15 :mad: If I'd known I'd have told her not to bother!

But for the Fontaines on Tues, I got the tickets as normal, face value £25. They are currently on viagogo for £162 ea! :eek::mad:

Just ripping off real music fans.

Last edited:
Went to see Wet Leg on Fri, very enjoyable, though a short set at ~1hr, I guess they don't have that much material lol. Fontaines DC on Tues and Ozric Tentacles on Sat.

But these ticket touts/resellers are just getting obscene. Unbeknown to me, my partner got the Wet Leg tickets from Viagogo to surprise me as I had wanted to see them but their entire tour was sold out. She paid ~£80 ea for them, with a face value of £15 :mad: If I'd known I'd have told her not to bother!

But for the Fontaines on Tues, I got the tickets as normal, face value £25. They are currently on viagogo for £162 ea! :eek::mad:

Just ripping off real music fans.

Yea it's disgusting.

Thats my concert year over it seems, was due to see a band on Friday but No Can Do now.

Not a bad year though, highlights for me were Ghost, Rammstein and Deep Purple w Blue Oyster Cult as support quite recently ... Looks like Glasgow show at the Hydro was filmed, as was their Berlin show too on that tour, so hoping for a forever memento to follow soon at some point in near future ... a Blu Ray disc show and live album would be nice, probably my last ever DP show ... please make it so.

There were a couple of call off's early this year, Jeff Beck and Joe Satriani, was refunded of course, but maybe next year? Kings X too couldn't make it, love this band, so another hopeful for 23?
So far for 2023 have awesome and I mean awesome good seat tickets to see Roger Waters at Glasgow Hydro for his "This is not a Drill" highly controversial show, but it wouldn't be a normal show without our Roger and his politics, am sure Rog has lost the plot now or is just trolling in recent interviews, but Oh Boy, his shows are good ... I'm really looking fwd to these shows, got good seats for the Friday and Saturday Glasgow shows at the Hydro.

Only other show confirmation for next year for me is Iron Maiden, at Glasgow again, love this band still :)

Am sure there will be more, but that's a good start already ... bring it on 2023 !

Got the wife's Xmas pressie sorted with a couple of tickets for Shania Twain .
Price was a bit steep at £500 each but is 2nd row in front of stage.
It was either there or £94 tickets right at the back.

Last edited:
Public service broadcasting.

Absolutely amazing! I'm usually not happy unless I've been in a mosh pit but this group are out of this world and the new material is brilliant.

Loved the astronauts as well!

Back
Top Bottom