Upgrade recommendations

@arjgrundy actually change the ssd from the nv3 to the sn580: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/wd-b...cie-gen4-solid-state-drive-sto-wdc-00540.html
just realised that the nv3 is QLC nand-based (the sn580 has TLC nand)
the nv3 is a faster drive on paper but the sn580 has vastly better endurance
(the sn580 probably has better sustained performance compared to the nv3 as QLC slows down to a crawl once the cache is depleted)
I’ve had a look at these. I had a 250gb Samsung 970 eco m.2 which I was going to use as the OS drive but for the price, is it worth buying new both a storage drive and a new drive for the OS?

Got the desk sorted finally!

img

Still edging towards the AeroCool case. I have cleaned my phanteks case up and looks ok…. Just thinking by the time I add some colourful fans in there, it’s nearly the price of AeroCool

Still edging towards the AeroCool case. I have cleaned my phanteks case up and looks ok…. Just thinking by the time I add some colourful fans in there, it’s nearly the price of AeroCool
eh what? if you want to reuse your evolv then just get a 3-pack of thermalright ARGB fans. google: Thermalright TL-C12C-S X3
these are barely £4.50/fan for ARGB fans and are pretty good (and much better than fans that normally come with budget cases)
they come in black and white, whichever fits better into your colour scheme, too
and yes, i use these fans in my pc too

Last edited:
eh what? if you want to reuse your evolv then just get a 3-pack of thermalright ARGB fans. google: Thermalright TL-C12C-S X3
these are barely £4.50/fan for ARGB fans and are pretty good (and much better than fans that normally come with budget cases)
and yes, i use these fans in my pc too

You can tell I am keen to stupidly spend more than I need to can’t you. I’ll have a look at those. I’ll show you the case I’ve got. It’s cleaned up well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom