Upgrade recommendations

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,164.91 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

I have gone a bit wild. The MB I was looking at another retailer as the one you suggested is out of stock now. I’ll look at the phanteks psu too. I was going to opt for 64GB ram as I read tht MSFS2024 is ram intensive or am I wasting money. Still torn with the GPU

The 7600 cpu is better value. Just wasn’t sure if it would be be necessary to get something more powerful for certain games

Last edited:
I would personally put the money into a better GPU than having 64gb of memory as 32gb is fine for msfs . the 7900gre is 10% faster than the 7800xt on average costing 10% more which is a good return imo.

The 7900XT can be had for £600-ish, the GRE is a dodgy investment last I checked unless on heavy sale.
Yeah, 7800/7900 XT is where it is at. Looks like GRE stock has almost dried up, but a few pre-orders at better prices (< £550) floating about.

Last edited:
No

7 to 10 days delivery ain't to bad.

Surely there's tax on top and then other issues such as returns and warranty? I've had a quick look and if it's the rainforest they don't deal with warranties from imports.

I'd pony up another £100 for a 7900XT or spend £400-450 on a 7800XT personally, but it's not a bad shout assuming those things aren't a problem.

Back
Top Bottom