*URGENT* FRAUD! Where do I stand?

Soldato
Lol, everyone is screaming scam, but what happens if the wheels do turn up?

Whats the guys address? Im sure someone from here will live close enough to swing by and lay in wait taking photos of him :) A la OCUK defective squad.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Which gives you about the same level of protection, none.

With paypal and using my credit card I have protection. It's not simply a transfer of monies between two accounts. The transcation is also marked as payment for goods, so in the event I don't get said goods, I can despute it.

Soldato
OP
Ringing the police sounds like a good call...

I'll wait abit longer and try having a chat with him first.

Soldato
The money still hasn't left the bank, it takes 3 working days for a bacs transfer, which is simply the bank holding onto the money to make as much profit as possible before transferring it. So if you ring up the bank they will be obliged to cancel it.
Negative. Once you've initiated a transfer, the only way it can be cancelled is by getting the authorities involved and having them confirm the transaction is part of a criminial investigation - end users cannot themselves request a transfer be "undone". Your bank is not obliged to do anything at all.

Also, the idea that banks hold on to your money for so long to earn money (by not paying interest) is a vast exagerration. The delay has absolutely nothing to do with the banks dragging their feet ...for once. The delay is because the transfer system which they all sign-up to, called Bankers' Automated Clearing Services - or BACS - dates back 40 years. The delays transferring funds are due to how outdated the BACS system is.

Just to put some real figures on this... the Faster Payments scheme, which is slowly replacing BACS, was delayed by 6 months earlier this year. That delay meant that £30 million of interest was not paid to customers (although this had nothing to do with the cause of the delay). Considering the amount of turnover the 13 participating banks generate, £30M is tiny in comparison, even for a 6 month period.

Don't mean to have a rant, but it's something that gets spouted about a lot and, for all their faults, it's not the banks who are to blame for this for once.

Soldato
OP
Email him back, ask him how he sent them and get a tracking number.
I really hope for your sake we're all proven wrong and you end up with the alloys but you're waay too trusting.

Already done mate :)

Ye i no i am...and wont be in the future. Ill be extremely lucky if i get away with this tbh.

Soldato
OP
Is it possible for me to ring up Parcel Force, tell them at destination of a package and they would tell me if its even there?

Back
Top Bottom