US Open 2018

Associate
What is this now? Tantrums? Guess it was the Racquets fault. Maybe the Umpires fault? Prima Donna, queen of excuses. "I have a daughter..." Rofl. What a special snow flake you are.

Edit: Hope they default her, she brought it all on herself. And she's regarded as some sort of role model or hero to American fans? Shame for Osaka though. She deserved to win this through her gameplay alone. Serena thought she was going to lose the match so creates a drama to take the attention off the fact that she was being beaten fair and square.

Last edited:
Associate
Disgusting behaviour from the crowd now too. Everyone trying to take the victory away from Osaka. Well, she was a better player today and she acts like a professional should too. Something that her opponent routinely fails to do. Serena and the crowd can suck it.

Osaka has a very bright future ahead of her. World #1 material even.

Associate
Hate the crowd in the US. Generally just disrespectful of players at all times. This does not surprise me.

It's a shame this final didn't happen at Roland Garros. The Chair Umpire would have had the entire crowd cheering him on!

I still can't believe she actually said "i'm a mother!" Just wow. I hope that's the last time she's ever seen on a Tennis court. Some of us haven't forgotten the incident when she told a Line Umpire that "i will ****** kill you".

Soldato
Been listening to this since 5live picked up the coverage during the opening set. Thankfully the other girl held it together, it would have been a travesty if she'd had lost her focus with what was going on.

Listening to the post match interviews, I'm finding the whole thing even more disturbing. Williams seems to be relentlessly pursuing the sexist agenda in an attempt gather support.

She needs to take a day and think about it, I can't ever remember listening to a sports commentary more disturbing than tonight's.

Soldato
Been listening to this since 5live picked up the coverage during the opening set. Thankfully the other girl held it together, it would have been a travesty if she'd had lost her focus with what was going on.

Listening to the post match interviews, I'm finding the whole thing even more disturbing. Williams seems to be relentlessly pursuing the sexist agenda in an attempt gather support.

She needs to take a day and think about it, I can't ever remember listening to a sports commentary more disturbing than tonight's.

She's gone full on Elon Musk

Associate
I didnt watch it but the coverage after is disgraceful really. No credit given to her opponent, she's the centre of attention again.

That's Williams all over. In her mind she never loses. Doesn't help that all the US announcers and commentators say things like, "You're still the champion...". No, she isn't you idiots. The person who beat her is!

Man of Honour
I dont watch much tennis but I'm guessing that outside the US Serena isn't liked very much.

I watched an ESPN feed so the commentators were probably biased, but they repeatedly pointed out that male players say a lot worse to umpires without receiving the same kind of treatment. They also interviewed her coach who admitted he was coaching but that it happens all the time without people getting called up on it. If all thats true I can understand her frustration and why she claimed it was sexism.

AS for hogging all the attention, we must've watched different feeds because the first thing Serena did was congratulate Osaka at the net and even tried to get the crowd to stop booing during the presentation at the end while she put her arm around Osaka.

Soldato
Serena yet again showing her true self. How she continues to be considered a role model and national treasure is quite a mystery.
Disgraceful.

Soldato
Yep. Her gracefulness in defeat is just a mask it would seem. Shows how desperate she is to equal Margaret Court's total of 24, and it will be interesting to see should she get into any more slam finals, how she will react should she continue to lose. Hopefully her time is running out as a top player. I'm fed up of seeing her and the attention she gets.

Massive congratulations to Naomi Osaka for holding it together and less said about American crowds at sporting events the better.

Hopefully del Potro can complete a double of upsets.

Last edited:
Associate
Whoever wins tonight i just hope for a competitive and close match. Five set thriller please.

Also i hope Novak gets in a friendly discussion with the Chair Umpire at some point and says "i have a son..!" just for the laughs.

Soldato
Whoever wins tonight i just hope for a competitive and close match. Five set thriller please.

Also i hope Novak gets in a friendly discussion with the Chair Umpire at some point and says "i have a son..!" just for the laughs.

That the sort of thing Novak would do :D

It's pretty disgusting that she tried to use every trump card possible - i'm a woman, i'm a mother, etc to try and defend her awful actions. ANY player would have received code violations for the things she said and did, whether they were black, white, male, female, identify as a turnip, whatever.

Back
Top Bottom