Vaping

Associate
My wife has been vaping for a couple of years - before this she was a smoker, and now doesn't smoke at all. Vaping has definitely helped her to quit. She does use vape juice with low nicotine content so probably likely to carry on with no intention of permanently stopping - so without the vape device I believe she would probably start smoking again.

I have never been a smoker but I do occasionally have a go of the vape pen (usually when I'm having a beer), I do enjoy the feeling that the nicotine gives you thus I can see the attraction vaping/smoking has.

Soldato
Is it? Well, TIL thanks.

So how is it converted into liquid form so it can be adequately vapourised?

Depends on method, but one way would be to wash the plant materiel with isopropyl alcohol, evap all the iso, and the mix the the left over resin with something that will dissolve it, but this would be pointless, when you can just vape it in plant form

Soldato
Depends on method, but one way would be to wash the plant materiel with isopropyl alcohol, evap all the iso, and the mix the the left over resin with something that will dissolve it, but this would be pointless, when you can just vape it in plant form
Ok i may be being a bit dumb but there has to be a non cannabis (or whatever plant) liquid carrier that enables it to be vapourised.

Letting it stew in PG/VG, sure, what i was implying was there may have been an issue with supply of that. If there's lead, battery acid or arsenic in it somehow then that'll be a problem (those things chosen at random by me btw).

Mushed up plant is going to be one tough draw. :)

I may not be being overly clear, i've had too much fresh air recently - that really messes with your head.

Soldato

Vapourizers and e-cigarettes are different beasts entirely. You can’t ‘vape’ the plant in the e-cig sense.

I’m by no means an expert though, so what am I missing?

Last edited:
Soldato
So don't drink, don't smoke, don't take caffeine, not too much sugar, fat, wear a mask when walking any streets, erm, what else?

:)

Are you superman and lead the perfect life.

Well after having a private health check back in February and my results came back to be told I have the health and fitness of someone who is younger (I'm 35 btw) so I'm clearly doing something right ain't I!?!??

I only drink at weekends when I go out and I have 2 or 3 drinks then that's it. I know when to stop and not get smashed.

I stay away from sugary fizzy drinks, caffeine etc. Don't smoke, never tried it or take drugs.

I do spend time in the gym and like the odd treat here and there (I love Nandos!!) but I don't over do it :)

Look after your body when you are younger and it will look after you when you are older :)

Soldato
Well after having a private health check back in February and my results came back to be told I have the health and fitness of someone who is younger (I'm 35 btw) so I'm clearly doing something right ain't I!?!??

I only drink at weekends when I go out and I have 2 or 3 drinks then that's it. I know when to stop and not get smashed.

I stay away from sugary fizzy drinks, caffeine etc. Don't smoke, never tried it or take drugs.

I do spend time in the gym and like the odd treat here and there (I love Nandos!!) but I don't over do it :)

Look after your body when you are younger and it will look after you when you are older :)

I’m an ex-Personal Trainer. I’ve eaten clean most of my life, don’t drink, don’t smoke, exercise (used to be very frequent and effective, these days it’s barely and poorly :D)

I’m very, very ill these days, with life-long chronic diseases. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely believe in looking after yourself to the best of your abilities.

It’s just that looking after yourself is not a guarantee of being healthy :)

*cynicism off

Man of Honour
I’m an ex-Personal Trainer. I’ve eaten clean most of my life, don’t drink, don’t smoke, exercise (used to be very frequent and effective, these days it’s barely and poorly :D)

I’m very, very ill these days, with life-long chronic diseases. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely believe in looking after yourself to the best of your abilities.

It’s just that looking after yourself is not a guarantee of being healthy :)

*cynicism off

I'm very similar to you and in 2007 was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes while competing in marathons/half marathons and I also walk with a walking stick because I now need two new knees.
I started drinking alcohol when I was 40 (21 years ago) but keep it to one bottle a week if I go out but still have to take 2 blood pressure pills and cholesterol pills.
I've also never held a cigarette in all those years.
Life sucks ...............

Man of Honour
I haven't. And i seldom ever drink or do drugs.
I just reckon vaping isn't completely safe. I don't see how it can be because foreign stuff isn't meant to be in one's lungs.

However you said "Smoking doesn't provide a buzz" which is the reason why smokers smoke.

I do agree with you on vaping, I think in years to come we'll see the health problems it causes but for now I much prefer spending my time around vapers than smokers.

Soldato
I'm very similar to you and in 2007 was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes while competing in marathons/half marathons and I also walk with a walking stick because I now need two new knees.
I started drinking alcohol when I was 40 (21 years ago) but keep it to one bottle a week if I go out but still have to take 2 blood pressure pills and cholesterol pills.
I've also never held a cigarette in all those years.
Life sucks ...............

Feel your pain mate. Hypothyroidism, Ulcerative Colitis, NASH, Fibromyalgia, Pancreatitis and some other less serious ones.

Don’t have diabetes, but I’m high risk for developing type 1. Only 35 so I’ve got plenty of time :D

Man of Honour
Do you think it’s as devastatingly bad for you as smoking?

There's no way of knowing yet.
I come from a time when cigarettes were hailed as being good for you and now we know the facts (late 50s/60s).
We will probably need a couple of decades before we see anything significant however from this moment in time I would prefer to hang around people vaping because it doesn't bother me one bit.

Soldato
There's no way of knowing yet.
I come from a time when cigarettes were hailed as being good for you and now we know the facts (late 50s/60s).
We will probably need a couple of decades before we see anything significant however from this moment in time I would prefer to hang around people vaping because it doesn't bother me one bit.

Yep this is pretty much exactly my opinion too. However, as I said earlier, while I don’t know for sure, I do think vaping is significantly, objectively better for you than smoking. I do think we’ll find it’s somewhat harmful once we’ve had time to conduct proper, independent studies.

I will say we live in a much more enlightened time; medicine has come a long, long way and the general public is more knowledgable and educated than ever. I’m wondering what you think; if you think that’s it’s as devastatingly bad for you as smoking?

The reason I ask is I often see people using the ‘we don’t know yet’ as a justification to continue smoking, or deride vaping (I know this isn’t the case with you). When to me it’s apparent that vaping is a much better ‘bad habbit’ than smoking.

Permabanned
Do you think it’s as devastatingly bad for you as smoking?
I suspect it could be. The research says it's not harmful, but that doesn't mean it will always be so.
Just inhaling anything into the lungs cannot be good. that's just how basic respiratory function/physiology works. We'll have to wait and see.

Soldato
I suspect it could be. The research says it's not harmful, but that doesn't mean it will always be so.
Just inhaling anything into the lungs cannot be good. that's just how basic respiratory function/physiology works. We'll have to wait and see.

Yep, I agree that it will prove detrimental in the end. It’s judt that smoking is so terribly bad for the body, I can’t imagine vaping will come close. Once they confirm it’s harmful, I still don’t think it will rank anywhere near as damaging as smoking. But that’s just me.

Soldato
I was in Superdrug the other day and noticed all the vaping fluids just sit on the shelf alongside the sun tan lotions etc.

What's the score with that; was it just tobacco products that were restricted to behind shopping counters?

I know. Tobacco products have to be hidden behind a sliding door behind the counter in my local corner shop, yet vape sticks and liquids are on open display on the front of the counter next to the chewing gum and mix ups. Great encouragement for the kids.

Back
Top Bottom