VARcical Decision

Do you have a source for this? I know the PL chose not to adopt the new tech in the summer, I'm not sure if that was put to a formal vote by the clubs or not, citing that better technology was on the way however I've not seen any reports on them looking to change that midseason.

Ferdinand said it in this podcast @ 37 mins onwards

ah think I got confused he was referencing to the decision in June I believe.

Do you have a source for this? I know the PL chose not to adopt the new tech in the summer, I'm not sure if that was put to a formal vote by the clubs or not, citing that better technology was on the way however I've not seen any reports on them looking to change that midseason.
I heard it too the other day on a podcast. Can’t remember which one, I’ve listed to so many about this. Was a different one to above, but may have originated there.

i do remember thinking surely they couldnt introduce it midseason anyway. Sporting integrity and all that.

Last edited:
Any actual reason for advising against it?
breaking-bad-money-pile-1.png

Just having a little twitter browse and saw someone post that dazn Italia have a YouTube show where the head of referees comes in and they listen to the var audio of whatever controversial decisions there were that week and he goes through each one giving explanations. Sounds like a fantastic idea, I think there's been a one off 'thing' for pl refs but why isn't it every week? Definitely should be on the cards if the end goal of this debacle is more transparency from officals.

Last edited:
I'm getting a bit jaded by the controversy tbh. We used to get abysmal decisions before VAR which caused controversies but they usually blew over fairly quickly aside from the (obviously) bitter people impacted directly. Like Mike Riley's performance at OT in 2004 (far far worse than anything I've seen VAR get wrong), or the 2006 CL final. We now have an environment where bad decisions cause a massive media storm, the overall quality of decisions in aggregate is I believe improved but the level of scrutiny/debate is ratcheted up such that you get say half as many bad decisions but 10x as much media furore.

G.Nev is alright isnt he, i must be an idiot as well because i find myself agreeing with most of what he says tbh :cry:
No he isn't. He along with Redknapp and Carragher are by far the worst pundits on Sky. Bad take after bad take.
On Liverpool's statement, i feel like this is a moment. If there had been one bad decision, say the red card or the offside, i'd probably agree that it's like other games. We get an apology and we move on. But something feels really really off about those massive decisions in such a short space of time. I can't really explain it, its like a gut feeling. Like was Darren England drunk? had he only got 2 hours sleep? I'd love to know what was being said between the ref and the var ref at the time of both decisions.
The only decision that was wrong was the offside. The 2 sending off decisions are no different to decisions we see all the time.

The only decision that was wrong was the offside. The 2 sending off decisions are no different to decisions we see all the time.

How the red card was shown was not in line with what we usually get. Like i said, if it had been one wrong decision, i personally wouldn't be too suspicious. It's the fact two decisions against normal protocol happened within such a small space of time which doesn't sit well with me. It's like Darren England was on the liquor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom