1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VEGA IS FINALLY HERE, ITS IN STOCK ALONG WITH SOME EPIC BUNDLES & FREESYNC DEALS!!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Rock_n_Roll

Gangster

Deleted.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  2. DONOHUE07

Wise Guy

So the price has gone from £450 to £550 already????

I'm in work and haven't had chance to read the the thread

3. FoxEye

Capodecina

If wonder if Vega 56 is giong to be the same deal as today. Starts at £450, 30 mins in will be £550 :p The Vega 64 by that time will be £600+...

Prices seem detached completely from reality. I can only congratulate AMD for selling out, but I sure as heck can't explain it :p

4. CaptainRAVE

Caporegime

The freesync monitors are the only thing that make AMD tempting in any way. Just a shame they have nothing that can power the 4K offerings.

5. FoxEye

Capodecina

Within 30 mins of first sale, actually.

6. LoadsaMoney

Capodecina

No, £450 was just for the launch, as per Gibbo.

7. silversurfer

Capodecina

The main reason for the price is the limited stock. Thats really not on Ocuk just AMD doesnt make enough cards. I guess it'll work out after a while of waiting and they'll be more choice of coolers so theres benefits to not buying launch also. Also you could blame Nvidia for not just allowing Freesync which is open to any maker. Maybe they are afraid of running out of cards themselves so stick to their license fee setup etc

8. NoobCannon

Mobster

Lol cards

9. pagepack

Gangster

An easyJet launch. Limited stock, then the price shoots up.

10. jubei

Mobster

So £100 more than a 1080 for about the same performance but with higher power requirements? Literally be daft to not just get the 1080 lol. No use saving gsync tax on a monitor only to pay it back on the card

11. FoxEye

Capodecina

OcUK might be looking at more than a few cards being returned...

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMinin...x_vega_64_hashrates_out_of_box_only_3036_mhs/

Seems more than a few miners bought on impulse before reading reviews, and will simply return them if they can't get more than 30 mh/s.

12. beany_bot

Wise Guy

I'm sorry but the more I think about it it's clearer and clearer. As much as retailers are trying to claim they don't like miners and want gamers to buy cards. One thing is clear.
    Vega 64 is currently priced for miners and is being bought by miners. why on earth else would someone pay £100 more than a 1080 on this power hungry card?
    Facts be facts.
    Can't help but think this will come back to bite them as folk move to consoles.

13. Gibbo

Commissario

AMD set the pricing, we had set allocation to sell at £450, the launch price of $499 as a stand alone card! Once sold out AMD would not support further and as such price had to be £549 with the games, regular price of $599

I've expressed my opinions to AMD and hope they will consider bringing the card back and support £449 unlimited, because whether or not you think they are worth £449, it seems 100's if not 1000's of customers think £449 is a good value price and want to buy, but of course £549 the sales are slowed, though still selling.

I personally would rather sell them at £449, sell thousands is better than selling a few hundred at £549.

14. Telecaster

Mobster

Once all the miners have figured out they're **** for mining, then I expect your returns people to be a tad busy Gibbo.

15. Gibbo

Commissario

Ah gotta love review sites that quote one of my post out of context with later replies from me. More fool the idiots who read press sites and believe what they say, when they select just the snippets they want to select. I said an AIB has rumoured 70-100 hash rate, not confirmed. Funny how the press made it look like 70-100 was dead cert. People who read all my replies here would no that to be rumour but as always certain sites post up just parts of my replies here and take as gospel.

Thankfully we sold in single units but will be interesting to hear if our RMA team get calls from miners trying to return.

16. pig666eon

Associate

i dont get how 499usd msrp turns into 550gbp, a straight conversion of usd to gbp is about 380gbp, with taxes and imports your looking around 460gbp.... where is the 550 coming from?

gibbo said they msrp is 599usd but i dont see that anywhere, the "pack" bundle is 599usd but the card on its own is 499usd on newegg and with amd slides its also 499usd

i can pick any item on here and compare it to newegg and not have such a difference in pricing after conversions and taxes....

the salt inside me in bursting out in my skin i had to take 2 showers already.......

17. henson0115

Hitman

18. Gibbo

Commissario

Shall be interesting, we shall watch, I'd be amazed though if miners were buying them when orders are like single digits.

19. spikerules

Wise Guy

You knew what you were doing... lol

20. beany_bot

Wise Guy

450 is the reasonable price tbh. when compared to 1080