• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VEGA IS FINALLY HERE, ITS IN STOCK ALONG WITH SOME EPIC BUNDLES & FREESYNC DEALS!!

OcUK Staff
OP
i dont get how 499usd msrp turns into 550gbp, a straight conversion of usd to gbp is about 380gbp, with taxes and imports your looking around 460gbp.... where is the 550 coming from?

gibbo said they msrp is 599usd but i dont see that anywhere, the "pack" bundle is 599usd but the card on its own is 499usd on newegg and with amd slides its also 499usd

i can pick any item on here and compare it to newegg and not have such a difference in pricing after conversions and taxes....

the salt inside me in bursting out in my skin i had to take 2 showers already.......

AMD Launch price of $499, some posters get it, some do not, but in fairness AMD have wored things poorly causing mass confusion.

Black stand alone card was $499 for a set launch quantity, which is now all sold, as such now all you can buy from OcUK is the bundle packs, Black and Silver which are $599 or the Aqua which is $699.
Stand alone is no more, unless AMD say so.

OcUK Staff
OP
You knew what you were doing... lol

Members here can see the post, I post here, if news sites want to pickup on what I post that is fine. But then if people want to kick off because they read it out of context that is their own fault. They should join these forums and read the full story, not snippets chosen by others. I share what I can with customers whilst trying to stay within NDA parameters set by manufacturers.

OcUK Staff
OP
that post was ignored on more than one occasion lol

Nope not the case, I am one guy with one pair of hands with several active threads trying to answer everyones questions.

The limit at first was set to 3pc for ten minutes, when I see how crazy fast they were selling and several orders of 3pc, it was set to 3 units because a forum member here requested he'd like three units for his upgrade as wanted to crossfire them which in OcUK land is not rare for our customers wanting to do tri or quad for benching and gaming. As I had hundreds of cards I though ah no problem 3pc will be fine.

When several orders went through of 1pc, 2pc and 3pc with sales being way higher than expected, I limited all cards to 1pc as the sales were way faster than we expected. So some early orders snagged 3pc, did maybe some customers manage to slip another order in later under a different account or not get noticed, its possible, end of the day the guys checking orders are humans and when you sell several hundred cards to several hundred individuals in minutes, well were not robots.

Associate
@Gibbo thanks for clearing that one up for me it makes a lot of sense now

i was one of the unlucky ones that missed out because i was set on watching the reviews first and sold before i could enter my card details, since these retarded pack cards are over what they should be does that mean that aib card will be less than this pack nonsense?

Associate
Nope not the case, I am one guy with one pair of hands with several active threads trying to answer everyones questions.

The limit at first was set to 3pc for ten minutes, when I see how crazy fast they were selling and several orders of 3pc, it was set to 3 units because a forum member here requested he'd like three units for his upgrade as wanted to crossfire them which in OcUK land is not rare for our customers wanting to do tri or quad for benching and gaming. As I had hundreds of cards I though ah no problem 3pc will be fine.

When several orders went through of 1pc, 2pc and 3pc with sales being way higher than expected, I limited all cards to 1pc as the sales were way faster than we expected. So some early orders snagged 3pc, did maybe some customers manage to slip another order in later under a different account or not get noticed, its possible, end of the day the guys checking orders are humans and when you sell several hundred cards to several hundred individuals in minutes, well were not robots.

wasn't meant to be a serious post, was still laughing from the fact he was going to send the 4 back. :)

£450 is to much for a card for me nevermind £550 and god knows what else..

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo thanks for clearing that one up for me it makes a lot of sense now

i was one of the unlucky ones that missed out because i was set on watching the reviews first and sold before i could enter my card details, since these retarded pack cards are over what they should be does that mean that aib card will be less than this pack nonsense?

AIB cards no idea, only one AIB has and let me repeat RUMOURED, not fact, just a RUMOUR so should any bloody press site decide to quote me, is Asus have said a Strix card will be around September time, by that I assume paper launch, though I do know Asus are planning to not do any MBA cards, which means I guess they are just buying GPU+RAM kits from AMD to make their own cards, so Asus could be first in September sometime with a card. Price wise absolutely NO IDEA, again it depends if AMD want to support cost down or not.

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo will 56 have a launch deal of £350? If so i would probs take one

OK let me start with AMD have rumoured! A launch price of $399, judging by how AMD seem to be favouring the £££ so much one can hope that will mean a launch price of £349, but if they allow us to sell 100, 1000 or 10,000 at this price is still unknown. As of now we don't even have stock on this part. But at £349 this thing will sell like crazy, thats not much more than some of the faster clocked RX 580's went for before the whole mining craze started.

As such if we see £349 in the UK, AMD are being very kind, I'd not be surprised to see a more 1:1 conversion on that part where $399 is £399, but for sure fingers crossed for £349 and they let OcUK sell thousands at that price.

But remember this, as of right NOW, AMD are saying LAUNCH PRICE of $399, that means once the volume they set is sold, the price will be at the pack prices, which to me is unknown but you can bet they are like $449-$499

Associate
Stop chatting in the forums, hurry building that card for me :p

Processing Clearance 0.o

And confirmation: OcUK Tech Labs Radeon VEGA 64 Water Cooled Graphics Card

Last edited:
Soldato
but if they allow us to sell 100, 1000 or 10,000 at this price is still unknown.

I'm curious how they decide what number is ok, are they doing these sales at cost, at a loss or are they still making money by allowing retailers to sell at this "special limited time" prices ? If they're still making profit then why not just have that special price as the RRP instead and actually be competitive ?

Soldato
At last ordered my liquid :D...after trying to make an order in the toilet while on a meeting (following @Vargas idea) with the mobile phone.
While bank of the business credit card refusing the transaction* and Paypal returning "data error" when trying to confirm, and the mobile network going down and refresh all the time. To the point hard ordered 2 liquids via the business credit* and 7 (yes 7 cards) via paypal who had cleared out the payment without confirmation......

As always OCUK support staff were superb cancelling and refunding the orders, while processing a new one over the phone. :)

*Now to the bank, @Gibbo you should have a word with Barclays bank business department, they marked you as a fraudulent company hence they weren't clearing the business credit card payment.
Had to go through half hour phone call to unlock my CC. :(

Back
Top Bottom