• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VEGA IS FINALLY HERE, ITS IN STOCK ALONG WITH SOME EPIC BUNDLES & FREESYNC DEALS!!

Soldato
obviously never seen a strix card. They are so far away from reference cards that you'd actually struggle to know what it is without reading the label. Its NOT just a different cooler on a ref PCB with the Nvidia range so i doubt they will do that with the AMD range.
I've owned a strix 1080, it looked great, sounded of silence and kept things very cool but it did nothing to help me get a faster oc. My best 1080 (of four!) was the base inno3d model. Noisy as hell but what a clocker! At least within the realms of pascal where they all oc the same or thereabouts...

I suspect the Strix cooler will help dissipate some of the heat that Vega produces but it won't be a panacea and certainly won't match a liquid cooled vega which is hardly great not quite matching an fe 1080.

The silence from AIB partners is telling however and things are going from bad to worse for Vega.

Caporegime
im thinking about cancelling my order for my Vega56. Been ages now with no update, but they are instock everywhere at Vega64 prices, no surprise there.

Pricing on these is farcical, they're not hard to get but as you say the prices are far too high for what you're getting.

Caporegime
I don't know how they are getting away with it tbh, as the games are not Free, they're £110, thats false advertising, anyone can see that.

Don't understand it either, bare plastic shroud card v64 can be as low as £469, yet factor in the "free" items and its £578. Are ocuk unaware of how utterly stupid the listings look with the "free" items adding £100 to the price?

WYKbNDp.png

Caporegime
Thats how much the ones with the free games should be as well though, but they aren't, like shown above, card on its own there is £469.99, the same card with 2x free games, should also = £469.99, but it doesn't, it = £578.99, so the 2x free games are not free, they're around £110.

Thats blatant false advertising, as the games are £55 each, and also whats funny is, the games are only £40 each on Steam, so you could buy that card on its own, and the 2x games seperately yourself on Steam, for cheaper, or, buy the card thats £390, and the 2x games on Steam for £40 each, for the same price as that Sapphire card on its own, without the 2x free games, £470. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't understand it either, bare plastic shroud card v64 can be as low as £469, yet factor in the "free" items and its £578. Are ocuk unaware of how utterly stupid the listings look with the "free" items adding £100 to the price?

they are, they blame AMD, AMD blame retailers, and consumers just ask to be let off this merry go round

the cheaper price is supposedly a "supported" price, which is why its out of stock as AMD are only giving the rebate sporadically when there's enough complaint from media/consumers/retailers

Caporegime
Wonder if thats why we havn't heard about custom cards, they probably don't see them selling, as they'd have to be about £800, got no chance of that, as the much faster 1080 Tis are only £680, and have more memory :p

Caporegime
Wonder if thats why we havn't heard about custom cards, they probably don't see them selling, as they'd have to be about £800, got no chance of that, as the much faster 1080 Tis are only £680, and have more memory :p

More ram wont make a difference if hbcc works how its supposed to. The price is still utterly stupid though.

Caseking.de had the price of the gigabyte aio (in stock) for £650 over the weekend, and today its magically risen again to £700.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom