Victorian renovation build log

Associate
OP
24097DB3955245C89B7C.jpeg

Painting finished and we have carpet, 100% wool loop with tredaire green underlay, feel amazing and has one of the best noise reduction properties of an underlay.

What on plan was a shelf is now a 3x2.4m platform that will have a little ladder and but a cushioned chill out + TV area

Associate
OP
they were in sheet of 25 or 30 as far as I can remember

7926617C568C432594E6.jpeg

picture from the top of the "reading nook" as we've named it.

The bath is absolutely epic, my gas and water bills are about to increase :D

just for reference, the ceiling height is nearly 4m in this area!

Soldato
I almost got those tiles for my bathroom, and because they were on mesh sheets I thought they'd be easy. Then I assumed actually there would be some reason they're really hard like wishbone tiles so left them in the end. Lovely to see them in situ though.

Associate
OP
I almost got those tiles for my bathroom, and because they were on mesh sheets I thought they'd be easy. Then I assumed actually there would be some reason they're really hard like wishbone tiles so left them in the end. Lovely to see them in situ though.

I managed to get them very cheap. Ideally I wanted larger hexagons in lighter marble but they were £100+ a square meter. The ones I used in the end were a compromise, there weren't spaced properly on the sheets, and the most difficult part was they were actually different thicknesses!

all in all I'm very happy with them though and the comprise save me 2k

Associate
OP
Really good work. How much time do you get to spend on the renovation @eviled ??

thanks! I did a lot more before the baby arrived, and work has ramped up a lot recently. I used to do as bit most evenings and probably every other weekend but always stopped when I stopped enjoying it.

Now I'm trying to pay people to do things but still source all the materials (even down to nails + screws!) I'm a perfectionist and a control freak :D

Associate
OP
found so old pics of the main bathroom which was done 5 years ago very quickly and cheaply as there was no usable bathroom when I moved in.
It hasn't faired very well

F771777991EE40EAA78D.jpeg

FAC298702DAC4A2897E3.jpeg

2AFF34D4B4354A149981.jpeg

about 18 month after being done the floor tiles all started cracking, the grout is terrible quality but its still used as our main bathroom. The toilet is in its own room.

Back
Top Bottom