Victorian renovation build log

Associate
OP

Chimney breast opened up for range cooker
There was a lot of brick in there! Must have gone through about 5 different cooker/fire/chimney configurations in its 160yr life time before it was finally bricked up!

Associate
OP

boarded out
new 70mm lower ceiling to hide pipe work. Had them use acoustic board as the room above is a bedroom

skimmed and the floor being laid.

The floor is tumbled umbrian limestone laid in a vertical/horizontral herringbone pattern to stop the room looking too long and narrow

Associate
OP
The floor looks much better in person, much more natural tones, looks like it's been there forever.

I'm obsessed with natural materials. Limestone floor, solid wood kitchen and granite worktops!

Re: Hedge
I tired to do them simultaneously but found without hard copies of plans builders were vague and didn't really take me seriously.
As soon as the plans were done I was able to get itemised quotes and start dates quickly!
I'd recommend getting plans first, only downside is that some of the design features may turn out to be expensive and have to be edited once quotes arrive!

Associate
OP

kitchen in its raw state.

Was going to get one from DIY kitchens but then found an awesome joiner who worked out the same price (as long as I do a lot of painting!)

Associate
OP

painted the walls

lots of undercoating to do on the units

fitted new lights (not to everyone's taste I'm sure but the rest of the kitchen will be quite plain)

can see the new cooker in the background too

Soldato
painted the walls

lots of undercoating to do on the units

fitted new lights (not to everyone's taste I'm sure but the rest of the kitchen will be quite plain)

can see the new cooker in the background too

A good spray gun will be your best friend here so you dont end up with lots of brush strokes.

Back
Top Bottom