Vidars first go at Water Cooling...

Soldato
OP
Its not reference and I know EK don't make the block anymore so I'd be looking for a bykski one from China most likely...

719 is definitely going to wait till I'm ready for a bigger upgrade like if I potentially jump to a ryzen system :D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Associate
good job on the build. my build took a long time to work fully. I even had a desk to fit it in so had plenty room but the layout was out of my comfort zone (horizontal not vertical). I would recommend a gpu block as you got plenty of rad for a gpu in the loop.

Man of Honour
This is a recorded message:

Space Monkey is currently unavailable, he is away on an extended holiday to the outer reaches of space and won't be available for the next few centuries! Please leave a message after the burp, I mean beep :D

Soldato
Just want to say very well done mate. From that initial idea, through plannning, all the way to full custom loop; you've done it, and a very nice job too.

If it were me, I'd be blocking that 1080ti. It's still a very capable card, and you should be able to get nice clocks out of it once it's underwater.

My 1080 G1 does great at 3440x1440, very chuffed with it. Ive played several modern titles on it no probs. For the cost of a second hand block you could get another year or two of service, more performance per £ when you do upgrade, and a quieter system.

Mine stays frosty with a 240 and 360 GTS, fans and pump on minimum.

Soldato
OP
@LiE I got a of XSPC tube cutter off of space monkey and I highly recommend them as it cuts through the tube perfectly every time.

My 1080ti has always been a bit of a bugbear for me to be honest I got it right at end of life when ocuk had a decent sale on and figured I'd already spent enough on my system so got that over a 2080. I've always had issues with performance with this card, though after rma'ing it and having it sent back as all clear I just sort of got used to it. It's only now after all this it appears to be working as intended despite running hotter that I'm finally happy with it. My issues must have somehow been cpu heat related despite being told they were fine.

My other issue is upgrading is like crack cocaine to me! I'm already thinking about the next step which includes possibly one of the 3000 series cards depending on price to performance

Soldato
OP
That's not a bad idea actually, could get a demiflex filter maybe? Negative pressure, I haven't nailed down a fan profile I'm happy with yet...

Struggling to find a block anywhere, I know Phanteks did one but hasn't been in production since 2017 and I can't find one even on the bay. It looks like there is a Byski one but it's £100 roughly. Can't seem to find an alphacool block for the GTX 1080 Ti Gigabyte Gaming OC

Soldato
That's not a bad idea actually, could get a demiflex filter maybe? Negative pressure, I haven't nailed down a fan profile I'm happy with yet...

Struggling to find a block anywhere, I know Phanteks did one but hasn't been in production since 2017 and I can't find one even on the bay. It looks like there is a Byski one but it's £100 roughly. Can't seem to find an alphacool block for the GTX 1080 Ti Gigabyte Gaming OC

with negative pressure, case will be pulling in air from every hole/gap - filtered or not filtered. When in Positive (more intake fans) airflow is via that direct airflow path. In theory Negative gets your better temps , but dust dust dust.

if your GPU is aircooled then rear exit fan will help , but if underwater and you want the max lowest water temp, you'd have bottom and front as intake with rear as exhaust- but doesn't always work the best

Soldato
OP
with negative pressure, case will be pulling in air from every hole/gap - filtered or not filtered. When in Positive (more intake fans) airflow is via that direct airflow path. In theory Negative gets your better temps , but dust dust dust.

if your GPU is aircooled then rear exit fan will help , but if underwater and you want the max lowest water temp, you'd have bottom and front as intake with rear as exhaust- but doesn't always work the best

Right I'm with you, going to be tricky to change around at the moment as I've really not got any room to work. Another fantastic excuse to upgrade my case! lol

Soldato
Right I'm with you, going to be tricky to change around at the moment as I've really not got any room to work. Another fantastic excuse to upgrade my case! lol

cheat method, just set fan speeds based on their area. Intakes double the speed of the top exhaust ones- or slow them down etc . could just go equal air flow. see which one works for you. with all that rad- should be able to get those fans nice and slow!

Soldato
OP
@LiE Space Monkey advised me to first flush them with tap water a few times, then a few times with deionised and then finally with mayhem pure h20 a couple of times. Giving them a good hard shake each time. Unless it's really mucky and then you should hit it with Blitz.

Personally I got really lucky with the Black Ice rads, after the first couple of flushes I wasn't getting any debris at all so it was just about making sure I got shut of any remaining tap water...

Back
Top Bottom