Viewsonic 22" Widescreen is coming.....

Associate
If you like 22" monitors, Acer's - AL2216W/22" TFT 1680x1050 700:1 5ms is pretty good :) - use a DVI -> VGA converter. Got both a DVI monitor and VGA one, hard-pressed to distinguish the difference in quality. I have not personally got this monitor, but Acer monitors are generally good :)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
ihatelag said:
If you like 22" monitors, Acer's - AL2216W/22" TFT 1680x1050 700:1 5ms is pretty good :) - use a DVI -> VGA converter. Got both a DVI monitor and VGA one, hard-pressed to distinguish the difference in quality. I have not personally got this monitor, but Acer monitors are generally good :)

Acer monitors are good, but the support is lacking.
If it goes wrong you have to wait for them to repair it as they don't do swap out, they just repair your current one so with Acer if it goes wrong you may end up without a monitor for a few days/weeks.

Whereas all other branded monitors has onsite swap out warranties.

Associate
Gibbo said:
Acer monitors are good, but the support is lacking.
If it goes wrong you have to wait for them to repair it as they don't do swap out, they just repair your current one so with Acer if it goes wrong you may end up without a monitor for a few days/weeks.

Whereas all other branded monitors has onsite swap out warranties.

You make some good points, but Acer have some good sides to their support - they have their own tracking system which helps in knowing where your monitor is and how long it's going to take - having not personally used the system I can't vouch that it's good, but to actually have one actually in place is pretty good - many brands do not even have that, and you're forced to phone up (at a high rate) for a status update.

Acer repair status link

I guess those that want a cheap monitor will expect to get what they pay for. :p At the end of the day we're all human and we're after the "best bang per buck" monitor around :)

*sorry for diverting the posts away from the main topic*

So back on the topic again (my bad) :

How good are the viewing angles on the 22" viewsonic monitor?

Last edited:
Associate
the viewing angles on my new viewsonic are excellent, I can see the screen clearly from every direction and angle. If it wasnt for the bezel on the sides then I think it would have damn near 180 degree viewing.

Associate
lucifersam said:
the viewing angles on my new viewsonic are excellent, I can see the screen clearly from every direction and angle. If it wasnt for the bezel on the sides then I think it would have damn near 180 degree viewing.

That sounds pretty cool!! I didn't expect it to have good viewing angles! I guess viewsonic have done a good job on this one then :)

Associate
Anyone got a picture of a 22" widescreen next to a 19" TFT 5:4 monitor? Really tempted to get this just wondering how much bigger it would look next to my current monitor and if it'd be large enough to double up as a living room TV. Don't really want to shell out for a 24".

Soldato
Shmo said:
Anyone got a picture of a 22" widescreen next to a 19" TFT 5:4 monitor? Really tempted to get this just wondering how much bigger it would look next to my current monitor and if it'd be large enough to double up as a living room TV. Don't really want to shell out for a 24".
I placed my 19 inch next to my new 22 inch trust me its a huge difference ;) .

Associate
frogboy said:
Pics! Got damit!!

I want to see if this thing really is one ugly mother..

I can tell you this screen is anything but ugly, infact its beautiful, none of the pics I can find on the internet do it justice, I will have a go at getting my camera working again, although still I dont think any picture can do it justice

Soldato
After walking around Tottenham court road yestarday lunchtime I'm deffo getting a 22"+ screen, 20" WS just didn't seem all that much of an upgrade from a 17".

Associate
I got this TFT on Wednesday what can I say is fantastic no dead pixels really sharp picture just takes a bit of time getting adjusted to the size lol. Here is a picture I took but it really don’t do it justice

and EVE looks stunning in full screen

Last edited:
Associate
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n151/davidfletchercc/picture00004.jpg

next to my old 17"

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n151/davidfletchercc/picture00005.jpg

an attempt at a side on shot so you can get an idea of the viewing angles on this beast, you can clearly see an image on the screen even at that angle

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n151/davidfletchercc/picture00006.jpg

another side by side shot

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n151/davidfletchercc/picture00007.jpg

another apple product bringing my PC to a grinding halt 'itunes'

sorry about the dodgy camera, its actually a phone!

any more pictures you want, different views etc just ask and ill see what i can do

Soldato
Can anybody do me a favour and tell me how it performs with an Xbox 360 via VGA (720p? 1080i?) and also whether the extra 2 inchs is worth it over a NEC MultiSync® LCD20WGX2 20.1"?

Associate
deadeyedic30 said:
I'm so tempted to get one now they are a bit cheaper with the "this week only deal", how big a change will it be from a 17'TFT ?

I just went from a 17" to the 22" viewsonic and there is simply no comparison see the pictures that I posed earlier, you will see what I mean

Back
Top Bottom