Vince's Ebay Repair Thread - (Console Repairs & Mods)

Associate
Depends how well it works.. if the stock screen works then I could leave that. Ropey ones with long screw damage are going for like £200 with a mcwill so it's probably worth the upgrade. If the stock screen works it's probably a £200 lynx anyway.

gonna be waiting for my cap kit, so going to make a few bulk orders on caps from china for everything else .

any idea what side cermic caps are on the GG? 603 / 1206?

i have some random 603s kickin about

thanks pal

Man of Honour
OP
gonna be waiting for my cap kit, so going to make a few bulk orders on caps from china for everything else .

any idea what side cermic caps are on the GG? 603 / 1206?

i have some random 603s kickin about

thanks pal

1uf 50v are 0805, 100uf 6.3v are 1206, and 10uf 50v are 1206.

Associate
And this my friends is why you change capacitors on gamegears! No wonder the sound was completely broken

DCB8-BAE5-D156-4-B22-8-C36-8522-DDDF8679.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Waiting on parts so bought some game boy advance games.
And this my friends is why you change capacitors on gamegears! No wonder the sound was completely broken

DCB8-BAE5-D156-4-B22-8-C36-8522-DDDF8679.jpg

Looks standard GG to me... Ive done a load of trace repair on the yellow one which I know you have seen - Ill do a full write up on that device when I get it singing along. Waiting on my China order as ever!

Associate

Looks standard GG to me... Ive done a load of trace repair on the yellow one which I know you have seen - Ill do a full write up on that device when I get it singing along. Waiting on my China order as ever!

Was a good chat last night!, waiting on china now too. Maybe a few switches may get back to me too :)

Associate

Guess who just got a lite for 50 quid, won’t power on or charge! Let’s see how this go’s

Man of Honour
OP
Guess who just got a lite for 50 quid, won’t power on or charge! Let’s see how this go’s

Told you - That sir is how you acquire lites at £50 :) When you are ready with it hit me up on discord and we can roll over the board and I will give you the switch repair once over.

Associate
Told you - That sir is how you acquire lites at £50 :) When you are ready with it hit me up on discord and we can roll over the board and I will give you the switch repair once over.
No worries fella , defo gonna be a lot different to the retro stuff I always do :) spent a fortune in the last week, scope arrives in a few days and iron next week lol

Man of Honour
OP
No worries fella , defo gonna be a lot different to the retro stuff I always do :) spent a fortune in the last week, scope arrives in a few days and iron next week lol

Just a thought you can't even think about working on a switch without a usb-c ammeter. Do you have one?

Man of Honour
OP
End product on the Vita:

Took a bit to get it there but it was about £70 all in for what is essentially a pristine vita.

Man of Honour
OP
Excellent work loving this thread

Good because we have lots more... We have some lynx that ive started, 2 more game gears have turned up. ive been doing switches but only really share the interesting ones... speaking of which I have one of them also to share its a good one!

Man of Honour
OP
that the mental one from last night :D

Yea the one with a mind of its own :) I think I might know why its doing what its doing... was looking at board xrays last night and given we know there is separation between pcb layers because I had to jumper from BQ coil to the backlight to get it to fire up.. the question is how much of the board is separated? It already has many jumpers :cry:

Just to be clear for the thread - It's a no power switch lite where somebody has attempted repairs before and failed. I have now got it booting and working. Everything works but there are some issues with controller inputs for example everything over to the right works X,A,B,Y,+,Home, analogue and bumpers. But over the other side of the board I can get everything to work apart from the left button and also if I hit the - button it also takes a screenshot. The person who repaired it last had knocked off a load of resistors so it could be wrong resistor values as controllers work by having resistance on a circuit, when you hit a button the circuit complete and the circuit is pulled low (no resistance) the switch picks this up and registers an input. now I know the left button is actually working as it has resistance (a bit low compared to all the other buttons) but does pull low on a button hit. So I started pulling stuff off as I do and chasing it... It's what I did to it to chase it that is interesting :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
@drakulton - It is here! got home today and it was sitting here waiting for me. I'll start doing some diag on this bad boy tonight - Will update the thread as I start working on it. GP104-200 so Nvidia 1070 and luckily I have a similar card from the same series that I may be able to salvage parts from :D

Back
Top Bottom