Vince's Ebay Repair Thread - (Console Repairs & Mods)

Man of Honour
OP
Vince, you are an absolute legend. The card has been keeping papers tidy on my desk for a long time now. Not as nice looking as the millefiori one but it served the same function.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Can you 'trust' me your details as there are beer credits inbound.

Done if you reply with your addy ill ship it back tomorrow :)

Man of Honour
OP
Nicely done!

Seeing as you've fixed that one, the router was picked up today. :D Thanks again dude!

Perfect - Lets hope I dont need to wait on parts otherwise you might be on the bench for a month as well :D:cry: - I do try and do members stuff as soon as I can but with how scarce parts are it's not always fast.

Perfect - Lets hope I dont need to wait on parts otherwise you might be on the bench for a month as well :D:cry: - I do try and do members stuff as soon as I can but with how scarce parts are it's not always fast.

I've packed two interposers, the connectors, a test eMMC module 0.3mm solder balls, the mask and a power supply. Hopefully should just need your soldering equipment, flux and skills. :)

Man of Honour
OP
I've packed two interposers, the connectors, a test eMMC module 0.3mm solder balls, the mask and a power supply. Hopefully should just need your soldering equipment, flux and skills. :)

psh you can keep them solder balls :p bloody horrible things.

Man of Honour
OP
Is it time to move the thread I wonder? its developed into a general repair thread but im reluctant to move it into GD.

Soldato
Is it time to move the thread I wonder? its developed into a general repair thread but im reluctant to move it into GD.
I think you could separate them out and have one here for retro consoles and one in the GPU section. I did feel a little guilty hijacking this thread with GPU chat. Kind of keeps the focus going on one subject.

Man of Honour
OP
I think you could separate them out and have one here for retro consoles and one in the GPU section. I did feel a little guilty hijacking this thread with GPU chat. Kind of keeps the focus going on one subject.

Hmmm, I'll think about it. Not sure I fancy keeping track of two threads, I'm not that fussed about it being more general repair. I do consoles sure, but if people want to see more general repair of all devices (mad scientist router mods inclusive) then I am totally down for that.

Soldato
Hmmm, I'll think about it. Not sure I fancy keeping track of two threads, I'm not that fussed about it being more general repair. I do consoles sure, but if people want to see more general repair of all devices (mad scientist router mods inclusive) then I am totally down for that.

My reasoning was that there are a load of GPU deaths, and the first place folks will go is to the GPU forum to enquire where they can get one looked at. I've done it myself. I wouldn't have thought of looking in the retro console forum for such a service.

Man of Honour
OP
Thing is this for me is sort of a hobby, it's not a business and I don't really want it to become one right now, there are also rules against generating any business through the forums. But I have also fixed stuff for forum members and they can throw me a few beers if they wish which Is sweet. Problem is right now I fix stuff for me, I buy it, fix it, sell it. Every now and then a forum member reaches out and asks me to have a look at something which I love. Putting it in GPU's when I'm not buying and fixing gpu's like I am in here with consoles might skirt dangerously close to those generating business rules. I also sense we could end up with some issues later down the line that I would rather avoid. I don't mind doing it for the odd user and you guys know me and know I am trustworthy. Problem is it only takes one issue or somebody that isn't patient like you were and the whole thing would come falling down.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Nicely done!

Seeing as you've fixed that one, the router was picked up today. :D Thanks again dude!

One router has arrived, got here a few hours ago but they just dump stuff in my porch so I often don't hear them :) - I'll grab it all out and get to work later tonight/tomorrow. Quite looking forward to this one it's quite an interesting build.

Back
Top Bottom