Vinyl Wrap

my wife had her car done a few years ago. Its satin black NOT matt black. It looks very nice and I can take it to the £5 car wash without worrying about the paint.

Its a shame no one drives the car anymore, Its done 1000 miles in 2 years now.

DSC_0483.jpg

DSC_0481.jpg

my wife had her car done a few years ago. Its satin black NOT matt black. It looks very nice and I can take it to the £5 car wash without worrying about the paint.

Its a shame no one drives the car anymore, Its done 1000 miles in 2 years now.

How many cars do you have?!

Can you wax that kind of vinyl or do you just not treat it with anything?

There is a so called 'Sports and Prestige' car dealer in a town not far from my location that regularly has Aston's, Mercedes SLR's and alike in their main window in chrome type wraps and to be honest it makes me want to weep.
The lot outside isn't any better, full of Range Rovers with massive chrome wheels.

I suppose in my late teens and early twenties I may have bought something like that, but I'm not and I wont :p

I would use it on a track day car though, probably lime green or orange :D

Here are some pictures of mine as requested :).

As I mentioned before this was done by the previous owner at Valet Magic. I'm not sure if the slight wave in the "carbon weave" in photo 3 is normal but you can only see it when looking at a certain angle.

That'll be down to the application - in order to get it to fit over curved surfaces you have to stretch it to some degree.

Just as an FYI I removed the orange vinyl from my smart today - came off with very little hassle, bit of heat and some pulling and it came away fairly easily :) It has left very slight scratches where I trimmed the vinyl at the edges but they are very minor. Hmm - what colour next :) I'm thinking either white or matt purple, heh.

And if you keep reading, the guy is mortified that his company has done these poor vinyl wraps and has guaranteed anyone who purchased one that if any damage was done to their car, he would have it fixed for them.

And if you keep reading, the guy is mortified that his company has done these poor vinyl wraps and has guaranteed anyone who purchased one that if any damage was done to their car, he would have it fixed for them.

Fair enough! Thread went on a bit and just seeing the damage put me right off going back there for any future work.

There is another thread about it also where the owner of VM wants to get things fixed but I haven't seen anyone post saying theirs has been sorted.
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/176134-valet-magic-wrap-disaster-one-month.html

Lots of owners used him for full wraps and I guess they don't want people to know if theirs was damaged and fixed in case it affects resale value.

It's an honest gesture from him and hopefully he can put right what has gone wrong. That being said, I know I'd still be livid. It's put me off a vinyl wrap for now, seeing some of those horror stories.

Back
Top Bottom