Virgin Media Discussion Thread

That’s what i’m fearing they will say to me again as there is literally no other BB provider offering decent speeds in my area (LE11), Cityfiber say they are coming but when who knows.
Let us know if you get another phone call soon :)
I will do, i expect another call soon as i have 7 months left on this 18 month contract.

They even had the courtesy in telling me i've been a loyal long term customer for 4 years and 11 months LOL but yet offer me this s*** package and at a s*** price and to add insult to mug me off at the end of the call.

Acording to this article you can't cancel unless you near to the end of your contract so how are you people getting out of contract?

this is on Virgin site guess if the email didnt state about being able to cancel Volt 02 you cant , my email didnt mention anything about being able to cancel the 02 sim, so can only cancel the broadband with Virgin

What happens next
You can carry on enjoying your services with us. But if you decide not to, you can change or cancel your package at any time before the date stated on your email or letter, without paying any cancellation fees.

I want to discuss or cancel my package
Volt customers do not have a right to cancel their O2 SIM unless specifically outlined in the letter or email we sent to you.

Last edited:
this is on Virgin site guess if the email didnt state about being able to cancel Volt 02 you cant , my email didnt mention anything about being able to cancel the 02 sim, so can only cancel the broadband with Virgin

What happens next
You can carry on enjoying your services with us. But if you decide not to, you can change or cancel your package at any time before the date stated on your email or letter, without paying any cancellation fees.

I want to discuss or cancel my package
Volt customers do not have a right to cancel their O2 SIM unless specifically outlined in the letter or email we sent to you.

Strange how my email said I could* cancel O2, but others don't?

Depends when you signed up maybe? My contract started in January last year

* being allowed to and being able to in practice appear to be very different things unfortunately...

Last edited:
Strange how my email said I could* cancel O2, but others don't?

Depends when you signed up maybe? My contract started in January last year

* being allowed to and being able to in practice appear to be very different things unfortunately...

mine started 27th October 2022 so not long and no mention on email I could also cancel the 02 sim would love to know what it exactly is some get message being able to cancel and others not

I pay £5 for the 02 sim which I think would increase by 86p , Virgin 125mb £21 to £27 so £6 increas I guess I can at least get the £6 taken away no one else offers the same speeds guess stuck with them counting down the years till maybe get FTTP in the area lol

Last edited:
mine started 27th October 2022 so not long and no mention on email I could also cancel the 02 sim would love to know what it exactly is some get message being able to cancel and others not

I pay £5 for the 02 sim which I think would increase by 86p , Virgin 125mb £21 to £27 so £6 increas I guess I can at least get the £6 taken away no one else offers the same speeds guess stuck with them counting down the years till maybe get FTTP in the area lol

Sounds like you live near me! "December 2026" is very vague - would at least be nice to know if it's in the next 3/6/12/24 months so I can make a decision on whether to recontract with VM for 18 months, or wait 3 months at a higher price and then move to FTTP

Same here.

My current contract with them is until October this year, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Will be shifting to Vodaphone most likely, first time I've had a viable alternative to Virgin in the 25+ years I've been with them!
Mine's July I think. Can't imagine they wouldn't put it up... but yea I'll be off to Aquiss I think, but need to do a proper shop around.

Had the email to say my bill is going to £40 a month. Currently on 264mpbs for £33 per month. My contract ends October. Phoned them told them I want to cancel. They offered 362mpbs for £35 a month, 18 month contract I said no. They put the cancellation through. Regretted it. Phoned back, an asian guy answered (phoned after 5.30pm) and he could only do 362 for £40 I said leave it. Hoping I can phone tomorrow and try to get that £35 a month deal.

Had the email to say my bill is going to £40 a month. Currently on 264mpbs for £33 per month. My contract ends October. Phoned them told them I want to cancel. They offered 362mpbs for £35 a month, 18 month contract I said no. They put the cancellation through. Regretted it. Phoned back, an asian guy answered (phoned after 5.30pm) and he could only do 362 for £40 I said leave it. Hoping I can phone tomorrow and try to get that £35 a month deal.

No Vodafone where you are?

Don't forget they probably are putting notes on your account so if you try too many times then they will probably just keep declining stuff.

You are probably right. I will try once more tomorrow if they don't budge I'll sign up an 18 month contract with Plusnet. Speed is only 70 but it will be fine.

No Vodafone where you are?

Only up to 80mpbs. BT Openreach did install fibre in the street a few months back but when I check on the openreach website it says it will be switched on between now and Dec 2026. As someone pointed out above it would be nice if they actually said it will be 6, 12 months whatever.

Not had a price increase email either. I pay £26 per month for 200meg broadband and landline (never used). 18 month contract expires in December.

Virgin sales have been ringing me every 2 days for the last fortnight trying to get me to take on a tv package and O2 mobile sim for £80 a month. I Tell them no every time as I never watch tv and already have a good sim deal

so today I got an email from o2 saying my sim only will go up to about £33. I haven't had anything about virgin media going up.
There is no mention anywhere on the o2 email about me cancelling the sim.
Feels like I'm stuck, especially with a sim that I never even wanted but I agreed to it as it was a good price all in . But on it's own, no chance.
I have about 7 months left on my contract. I guess without an increase from virgin media I can't cancell anything.

Back
Top Bottom