Virgin Media Discussion Thread

I was never told about any Stream box as part of the package and they came with it on the install date, Checked my bill and I was charged £30 install fee, £35 stream activation fee and £35 activation fee. I've managed to argue my way to getting stream activation fee wiped and manned install fee but still charging me activation fee. I'm just going to give in arguing with them now, they 100% never told me about these fees when i signed up, they said all i would pay is £14.99 for 1gb line and £25 to 02 for unlimited sim card.

Did they send you written confirmation or was it all done over the phone?

Did they send you written confirmation or was it all done over the phone?
Well they said i confirmed the contract but i mentioned i had received nothing from virgin to the guy that installed my broadband and he said he would check what email address they have me down for and on the little ipad thing he had they had me down as a hotmail account instead of yahoo so he said all my contracts etc would have gone to wrong address. I rang them on the Monday after install and they changed it but that's when the fun started of trying to login to virgin app etc because it had all been setup for the wrong email. When i queried the fees they said you agreed to these when we emailed you them which is wrong because obviously i never got anything. They then said they would remove the manned installed fee but after they removed that they added on a stream box fee and activation fee, another call and them removed the streambox fee but i guess i have to pay activation fee.

Had my 1gb virgin installed 4th feb the broadband itself has been amazing but customer service has just been shocking at best. I was meant to get 02 sim card and £100 credit. I have rang every few days since the broadband was installed, pretty much had to beg them to listen to the sales call where i was promised £100 credit. I've had to pay £180 to PlusNet for early cancellation which is why i was promised the £100 credit. The first said i have to chase it up with the agent that sold me the account( yeah that will be easy) I've had his email address but never responded until i mentioned complaints then he said he would sort it. They agreed to listen to the call and give me a ring within 48 hours, that was a week ago. I've just chased it again and it looks like they have finally given in and added the £100 credit. The sim card they put me through to O2 who pretty much said got nothing on the computer for you so you have to sort that out with Virgin.

I was never told about any Stream box as part of the package and they came with it on the install date, Checked my bill and I was charged £30 install fee, £35 stream activation fee and £35 activation fee. I've managed to argue my way to getting stream activation fee wiped and manned install fee but still charging me activation fee. I'm just going to give in arguing with them now, they 100% never told me about these fees when i signed up, they said all i would pay is £14.99 for 1gb line and £25 to 02 for unlimited sim card.

Absolutely unreal that is, how on earth can something be cocked up so much. Baffles me. Saying that I guess it only takes one wrong thing or something been miss sold and it could end up been a chain of events. You would think systems these days would be able to be built so these mistakes are never done - but once again I have no faith in humans in business.

Last edited:
I still need to call Virgin. I’ve got until the 8th to cancel despite only re-contracting at the end of January.

It looks like Toob will be available imminently in my area as their DP is already on the telegraph pole outside my house and they are accepting orders for literally less than half a mile from my house. 930Mbit up and down for £25 a month so Virgin can do one. possibly. I just have to take the gamble that I can cancel it and won’t be waiting too long without Internet…

I still need to call Virgin. I’ve got until the 8th to cancel despite only re-contracting at the end of January.

It looks like Toob will be available imminently in my area as their DP is already on the telegraph pole outside my house and they are accepting orders for literally less than half a mile from my house. 930Mbit up and down for £25 a month so Virgin can do one. possibly. I just have to take the gamble that I can cancel it and won’t be waiting too long without Internet…
Anyway to find what ISPs after serving your street with FTTP?

ours has just been cabled

They are sweating https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.p...ams-openreachs-desperate-fttp-price-cuts.html

They really need to increase the upload speed and improve latency asap. By 2028 or whenever their move to pure fibre is, it's going to be too late.

At any point over the last decade they could have in-housed some of their civils work so that people aren't waiting over a year for some clowns from Kelly Communications to appear and pull a cable in, resulting in them paying out four-figure delayed install compensation sums. Maybe they could employ call centre staff who don't straight up lie to you to get you off the phone (yes I'm sure a construction crew is definitely still coming today, it's 5PM and dark already). VM have created all their own problems, and now they must deal with that.

Do you have any tips how we should go about?

Say its unaffordable?

Yes and look what others are offering by looking at compare websites , even though only virgin offer the fastest speeds in my area I can still get them to offer me something, you can also say new customers joining virgin get better deals while I have been long term customer

Back
Top Bottom