Virgin Media Discussion Thread

If it's above baseline then this is how can you can get out of the contract I think. The RPI Jan 2023 is 13.4%.
They've also added 3.9% of the allowed 4% on top of the 13.4%.
It's robbery and they do it because they can. Seems to be a lot of talk about it today in the press. I hope they lose loads of customers. Not that they will care.

They've also added 3.9% of the allowed 4% on top of the 13.4%.
It's robbery and they do it because they can. Seems to be a lot of talk about it today in the press. I hope they lose loads of customers. Not that they will care.
That's the problem, they don't care. There's certainly no loyalty to long term customers. I've, possibly foolishly, been with VM for as long as I can remember, but I'm sick and tired of having to get on the retentions merry go round, I no longer have the time nor patience to do it.

Needless to say, I've finally decided to leave and go elsewhere. A call I'm looking forward to make.

I only use them for BB, having dropped TV a good while ago to bring the cost down.

Don't forget they probably are putting notes on your account so if you try too many times then they will probably just keep declining stuff.

Phoned this morning. They are going to honour the deal they offered yesterday. 362Mbps/36Mbps for £35 a month. 18 month contract. Hopefully by the end of the 18 months FTTP will be available.

Phoned this morning. They are going to honour the deal they offered yesterday. 362Mbps/36Mbps for £35 a month. 18 month contract. Hopefully by the end of the 18 months FTTP will be available.

Seems expensive to be honest. I pay £25 plus £6 for my O2 contract for that. Then you have another member that just got a 1 gig line for £28.

I was paying £40 for 600
Just tried signing up for voda through money saving expert for the extra voucher, but it doesn't seem to be working.
it would have made their pro ii service the equivalent of £45 a month with their new 6e router and booster
I wonder if virgin will ring me back.

Last edited:

You're being played by them, as they can see you have no alternative if you're calling back that quickly.

You only put the cancellation in yesterday. All you had to do was wait until a callback from retentions and blag them. Declining the offer in the first retentions call usually leads to them ringing back again with a better offer.

You can call up a day before the cancellation is going to be processed and stop it going through if you're worried about having no connection.

Last edited:
Still need to phone, should I go straight to retentions to try to get a deal or just ignore what they say and request to cancel and wait for the phone call?

I have been out of contract for well over a year, and not been keeping tabs on the price so its rocketed a lot, especially with the incoming price rise.

Still need to contact them really annoying going through the process each time can't wait till area gets fttp

On the site thinking about leaving also gives option to do it via live chat will try that

Currently paying virgin £21 for 125mb + £5 02 SIM 4gb total £26

Virgin going up by £6 and looks like 02 SIM by 86p

Don't think I can do anything with the SIM , but should at least get the £6 taken off from virgin

Last edited:
How much does it cost to add Netflix in UHD on the packages VM do with Netflix as standard? And does it allow you to watch it on your own devices, or just on the VM TV box?

Had my 1gb virgin installed 4th feb the broadband itself has been amazing but customer service has just been shocking at best. I was meant to get 02 sim card and £100 credit. I have rang every few days since the broadband was installed, pretty much had to beg them to listen to the sales call where i was promised £100 credit. I've had to pay £180 to PlusNet for early cancellation which is why i was promised the £100 credit. The first said i have to chase it up with the agent that sold me the account( yeah that will be easy) I've had his email address but never responded until i mentioned complaints then he said he would sort it. They agreed to listen to the call and give me a ring within 48 hours, that was a week ago. I've just chased it again and it looks like they have finally given in and added the £100 credit. The sim card they put me through to O2 who pretty much said got nothing on the computer for you so you have to sort that out with Virgin.

I was never told about any Stream box as part of the package and they came with it on the install date, Checked my bill and I was charged £30 install fee, £35 stream activation fee and £35 activation fee. I've managed to argue my way to getting stream activation fee wiped and manned install fee but still charging me activation fee. I'm just going to give in arguing with them now, they 100% never told me about these fees when i signed up, they said all i would pay is £14.99 for 1gb line and £25 to 02 for unlimited sim card.

Back
Top Bottom