Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Actually I might wait until April to switch as:

However, this process is set to change by April of this year. New rules from Ofcom, the telecoms regulator, mean you'll only ever have to contact one provider (the one you plan to switch to), regardless of whether they use the same network or not. The process will also be faster, taking as little as a day, and providers will have to compensate you if something goes wrong and you're left without service for more than one working day.

Last edited:
Bah £7 increase from May, hopefully a phone call will get that wiped off but more concerned by the changes to the t&c's going forward. With an 18 month contract that means we are tied into a price increase and can't do anything about it.

We're changing our pricing terms
Currently, we usually change our prices each year, and will write to let you know how much any increase is and provide you with a right to cancel.

From April 2024, we are changing our approach so any price rise to your package is always made at the same time every year, and it’ll be linked to the Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation plus an additional 3.9%, so the amount of any increase will be clearer, sooner. To do this, we need to change our terms and conditions. The key features of these new rules are:​
icon_bullet_red.png
The monthly subscription price for your services will increase every April starting from April 2024.​
icon_bullet_red.png
The amount the monthly price will increase will be RPI rate of inflation plus an additional 3.9%. This increase will apply to the monthly subscription price you're paying at the time and also (if applicable) to the monthly price payable after subsequent expiry of any applicable offer or discount.​
icon_bullet_red.png
The RPI rate will be the amount that is announced in the preceding February of that year, so you will be able to work out the exact increase from that date.​
icon_bullet_red.png
If the RPI is 0% or less, then your price will increase by 3.9%.​
icon_bullet_red.png
We will publish the relevant RPI rate on our website as soon as it becomes available.​
icon_bullet_red.png
As this annual price increase is provided for in your terms, there is no right to cancel given for this price increase from April 2024.​

I finally have community fibre coming in the next 3 months. I can push even harder to get virgin to give me 1gig for £25.

All I need is 500mb line for £25 and then as I have an O2 sim it will go 1gig with volt :D

Last edited:
Reactions: R3X
Why not just move to community fibre?

All depends on pricing. I will go to wherever I get it cheaper. I just looked and it seems community fibre prices are a lot more competitive then I thought.

In the leaflet that came through the door the prices were not as good.

Might just give them a go for a year to compare if prices are similar.

All depends on pricing. I will go to wherever I get it cheaper. I just looked and it seems community fibre prices are a lot more competitive then I thought.

In the leaflet that came through the door the prices were not as good.

Might just give them a go for a year to compare if prices are similar.
The likelyhood is that it's going to be a far superior connection at a lower price than VM, there really isn't any reason to stay.

The likelyhood is that it's going to be a far superior connection at a lower price than VM, there really isn't any reason to stay.

Sounds good. Will let you guys know how I get on when I join in a few months.

Great thing is if they ever hike the prices now I can use these companies against each other :D

Reactions: R3X
Still waiting for my price increase email too. Emailed Aquiss to see if they could see the existing ONT equipment left by the previous occupant and they've said they can see it and would only take about 24 hours to switch it over to get me set up, so I really am just sat waiting for the VM email so I can jump ship.

Still waiting for my price increase email too. Emailed Aquiss to see if they could see the existing ONT equipment left by the previous occupant and they've said they can see it and would only take about 24 hours to switch it over to get me set up, so I really am just sat waiting for the VM email so I can jump ship.

Same here no price increase tho I did get my montly bill few days ago showing no increase yet

Back
Top Bottom