Virgin Media Discussion Thread

doing the whatsapp approach with doing thinking of leaving because of price increase lets see how it goes. mine increasing from £21 to £27 125MB also have 02 sim £5 which is going up by 86p ? and dont think I can do anything about the sim canceling but not end of the world

so they waived off the increase of £6 messaging over whatsapp much prefer over calling, tried to be cheeky and asked if any deal if went for faster speeds but just told would cost more and be new contract, really hope to get FTTP in area soon so have other options for fast speeds, think been with cable for +20 years

FTTP is 2 streets away from me at the moment and I've got to the end of March to get out. Not sure to try get lower cost or jump to BT and pay the £40 for 900Mbps, don't need 900Mpbs but I'm stuck into VM if I don't get out.

FTTP is 2 streets away from me at the moment and I've got to the end of March to get out. Not sure to try get lower cost or jump to BT and pay the £40 for 900Mbps, don't need 900Mpbs but I'm stuck into VM if I don't get out.
I'm considering going rolling monthly contract on FTTC and waiting for FTTP to go live than be stuck in another contract with VM.

so they waived off the increase of £6 messaging over whatsapp much prefer over calling, tried to be cheeky and asked if any deal if went for faster speeds but just told would cost more and be new contract, really hope to get FTTP in area soon so have other options for fast speeds, think been with cable for +20 years
In the same boat here but I'm at £27 already with a £7 hike looming. I'm going to try cancelling outright this time and see what they offer when they call back. The DSL in the area has always lagged way behind cable and with no FTTP in sight there's no choice if you want anything above 55mbps.

Had the price rise email but slightly different, apparently the May 2023 price increase won't affect me until my current price offer ends later this year.

Guess I don't do anything until end of contract renewal comes around then.

Had the price rise email but slightly different, apparently the May 2023 price increase won't affect me until my current price offer ends later this year.

Guess I don't do anything until end of contract renewal comes around then.
I got an email as well, and I thought mine would increase in May but looks like it is when the contract ends, mines in December. £28 to £57 after that, they have no chance :cry:

I got my letter. Claims our price will be going up by £21.50 a month from May 2023. We are currently in an 18 month deal which expires much later this year I believe. So more complete BS. I'll ring to cancel, or whatsapp them. How does one whatsapp them? Whats the number?

Can you have ONLY virgin TV? I can't see a way to even do that as a new customer on the website. Seems they want to bundle 50MB broadband with it as minimum? I might be being stupid though. Website is awful and lost patience.

I got my letter. Claims our price will be going up by £21.50 a month from May 2023. We are currently in an 18 month deal which expires much later this year I believe. So more complete BS. I'll ring to cancel, or whatsapp them. How does one whatsapp them? Whats the number?

do it on desktop site, on right side should see Live Chat tab click that

Reactions: R3X
Solus TV used to be expensive for what it was, it was literally cheaper to have it with another service. That said, since Stream became a thing, that’s probably changed as install costs are nil, hardware is cheap and it’s seen as another potential RGU.

Surely its better to phone to get better deals though?, I can't imagine someone on the end of a WhatsApp message will offer anything that decent, or am I wrong?

hmm maybe, also I can send screenshots of other offers over messaging might help ? over the years I always called when contract was up and price went up to get better deal just cant stand having to go through that

tbf I already had decent deal when comparing what they offer new customers and what others are offering in my area and was just happy to get the £6 increase taken off

really hope when current deal ends in 14 months I have FTTP in the area so have other options for fast speeds currently only virgin offer the fastest speeds everyone else is 60-70mb so cant really do much

Back
Top Bottom