Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Just rang virgin media. Told them I'm leaving. After 20 mins of the lady telling me lies they finally agreed to keep the price the same.

She was telling me Vodafone don't guarantee speeds. They charge a connection fee for £283. I watch a load of channels on my TV that I've never even see. She was really arsey about it all. But I won :D

£35 a month for 250mb and TV package until January :D

Just rang virgin media. Told them I'm leaving. After 20 mins of the lady telling me lies they finally agreed to keep the price the same.

She was telling me Vodafone don't guarantee speeds. They charge a connection fee for £283. I watch a load of channels on my TV that I've never even see. She was really arsey about it all. But I won :D

£35 a month for 250mb and TV package until January :D
I will ring them up and cancel I think unless they agree to keep the price the same.

I will ring them up and cancel I think unless they agree to keep the price the same.

The lady was pretending to speak to a manager and offering me a discount on the increase. I just kept saying I'm cancelling. Then eventually without even a moment of silence she said her manager has now agreed to give it me for my original price :D

You have 30 days so you could always ring them back if they don't get back to you

• Haha
Reactions: R3X
One thing I am curious about is how often does peoples FTTP go down?

I heard with Community Fibre which are in my street, its not so great when it goes down can take a good day or so to get it sorted and sometimes longer, one thing as much as I hate VM there Service Status page is there and constantly updated and despite now having broadband go down a 9th time in the last 3 months its got fixed in 3hours.

One thing I am curious about is how often does peoples FTTP go down?
Maybe once a year for 1min @ 1AM if there's maintenance. On Vodafone FTTP via CityFibre.

Are you with CommunityFibre already? If you're not I would make the switch, you can run them simultaneously and leave within the 14days if any issues.
FTTP doesn't really go down at all generally...

Last edited:
Maybe once a year for 1min @ 1AM if there's maintenance. On Vodafone FTTP via CityFibre.

Are you with CommunityFibre already? If you're not I would make the switch, you can run them simultaneously and leave within the 14days if any issues.
FTTP doesn't really go down at all generally...

Good to hear guys, sounds like FTTP is almost like the ADSL with BT days, rock solid unlike VM.

Not yet I would switch CF, but I have a TV package, BTsports, 2x boxes in different rooms so not so easy pricing up the TV package from say Sky its well over £140+ per month last time I checked with added FTTP broadband that is, but will compare some pricing again since VM is cheaper for me atm.

If it was just a bb, would not be a debate.

Not yet I would switch CF, but I have a TV package, BTsports, 2x boxes in different rooms so not so easy pricing up the TV package from say Sky its well over £140+ per month last time I checked with added FTTP broadband that is, but will compare some pricing again since VM is cheaper for me atm.
Well how much are you currently paying for TV, the VIP package is £76 from BT for TV seems to have everything, combines Entertainment & Sports (incl Sky Sports) channels. I think you pay £10 for an addl box.
With just sports channel it's £43. I don't have much experience W/ TV so don't know what's good value and what's not...

I'd have mentioned NowTV but don't think you can get BT channels with that.

Last edited:
No price increase here (stockport) but Virgin are losing customers daily to a new FTTP provider who has laid out fibre to most areas now and is super cheap compared to Virgin and offers 1000/1000 rolling contracts. I’ve signed as Virgin can’t compete with that anytime soon, so it’s good they’ve finally had some competition.

It might force them to improve the offering.
BRSK ? It’s great to have some alternatives to VM finally!

Well how much are you currently paying for TV, the VIP package is £76 from BT for TV seems to have everything, combines Entertainment & Sports (incl Sky Sports) channels. I think you pay £10 for an addl box.
With just sports channel it's £43. I don't have much experience W/ TV so don't know what's good value and what's not...

I'd have mentioned NowTV but don't think you can get BT channels with that.

thanks ill check into it

I'm looking at a change from VM, I can currently get Vodaphone, BT, TalkTalk and a few others but with cityfibre planning to do our street soon I'm more tempted to join Vodaphone. The reason being Vodaphone are the only ones who are offering 910/910 with cityfibre for £35 (at the minute) I just want to know if Vodaphone support are ok? It might be worth just getting rid of VM and joining Vodaphone and wait out till cityfibre is complete.

Vodafone support is OK, not amazing. The connection itself is amazing.
You don't really have to ever contact support besides billing with FTTP, so to me it's really made little to no difference.

Last edited:
Yep - are you on it? I’m just grateful for some competition as BT never really bothered around here.
I signed up in November as they told me my area would go live in December 2022

the date got pushed to January and now end of March, but I doubt end of March will happen. They havent started any work in the area yet.

feel free to give a shout for when you sign up, can get some vouchers when you refer someone.

I get BT Sport with EE as one of my smart benefits, I then pay £5 a month to watch it on the TV using the Apple TV app.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom