Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Just re-contracted for another 18 months as my contract was due to end on the 13th April. Openreach FTTP isn't far off but I reckon still won't be live for a few months as my street still not had fibre optic installed at the top of the masts yet. City fibre doing east Preston first and moving very slowly round (I live in west Preston). No 5G on my nearest mast. Got rid of the Virgin phone line (back of the superhub 5 job) as we haven't had a phone plugged in since day one.

Offered 1Gb broadband only for £49, told them no and passed to retentions. Took up the new customer offer of £45 per month with no setup fees.

I'll jump to FTTP on the next renewal.

I did it via WhatsApp and took away the full increase amount without taking new contract

Guess you could go to the point 30 days notice cancellation and get them to offer you something better but I couldn't go through all that faff

Mines £21 for 125mb so it's not too bad , just wish I get FTTP in area soon so can get better deals :(
How do you go about contacting them via WhatsApp?

Well I have just agreed a new contract with VM for another 18 months.

Was currently paying £54.50 for 1GIG and talk more anytime, now it's £46 a month, next months bill will be £51, then £20.50, then £39.00 and finally up to £46 no idea why the next 3 bills are so different but that is what she quoted.

I spoke to vodaphone wasn't a very helpful chat they couldn't give me any date on when they could install no answer why they couldn't so gave up after 20mins on the phone.

This new contract wth VM will give cityfibre enough time to be completed in my area, I might give vodaphone another call or phone purefibre who I have noticed also offer symmetrical speeds in cityfibre installed areas near me.

Ive just given my 30 day notice.

They asked who i was going with so i told them Lila for £29.99 a month for a gigabit. Swear she was checking the price i said online lol.

They offered me their 1gb service for £57 a month. Erm no thanks i said just put the disconnection thru so my last day with virgin is 13th april.

Lila install booked for 30th this month

Ive just given my 30 day notice.

They asked who i was going with so i told them Lila for £29.99 a month for a gigabit. Swear she was checking the price i said online lol.

They offered me their 1gb service for £57 a month. Erm no thanks i said just put the disconnection thru so my last day with virgin is 13th april.

Lila install booked for 30th this month
I called today too paying 67 for 1gb and the best I was offered was 59.99.

All other offers are for new customers only ‍♂️

I called yesterday they altered my account so that it negated the increase till the end of my contract which is in feb next year. There should be FTTP in my area by then and some providers are quoting £30-35 a month for gigabit for 18-24 months. BT are already in the areas and are offering 1Gb for £41 for 24 months. So i can wait out my contract and hopefully FTTP will be in the area and see if virgin can match the price and if not i will move to BT or any other gigabit providers.

Gonna be giving VM a call this weekend to cancel and get a better deal. I am currenty on 350mb bumped upto to 500mb as I've got an 02 sim. I have a VM landline but no phone connected as it broke and only keep the line because VM tell me its cheaper for me if I keep it :confused:. I assume when I cancel VM retentions will ring my 02 mobile to offer me better deals. I'm a little worried I'll cancel and not hear from them as they keep trying to ring my landline with no phone connected... :p

Last edited:
Gonna be giving VM a call this weekend to cancel and get a better deal. I am currenty on 350mb bumped upto to 500mb as I've got an 02 sim. I have a VM landline but no phone connected as it broke and only keep the line because VM tell me its cheaper for me if I keep it :confused:. I assume when I cancel VM retentions will ring my 02 mobile to offer me better deals. I'm a little worried I'll cancel and not hear from them as they keep trying to ring my landline with no phone connected... :p
Proberly not, when I went through cancallation , I made sure to tell them the landline was disconnected and to phone the mobile, you can guess the rest.

Just checked My Virgin Media and you can change contact preference in there. My phone number is currently set as my landline, tried to changed it to my mobile but I just keep getting an error sayings "sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just checked My Virgin Media and you can change contact preference in there. My phone number is currently set as my landline, tried to changed it to my mobile but I just keep getting an error sayings "sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again" :rolleyes:

Same issue here, won't accept any different numbers yet if I call them from my mobile they know it's me.

Careful with this one.. I also had a new 18 months contract at the current rate in the "My Account" section, but after somebody in CS telling me I would still get the April/May 2023 Price rise on top of this I didnt go ahead with accepting it.

Careful with this one.. I also had a new 18 months contract at the current rate in the "My Account" section, but after somebody in CS telling me I would still get the April/May 2023 Price rise on top of this I didnt go ahead with accepting it.
I also got a new contract for 18 months yesterday, and a free speed upgrade, i told them i don't want the April/May Price rise on top of this, they reassured me i wont get the price rise on top, but i don't trust them really, so what happens if i do see a price increase, will i be able to get out of contract you think ? i could hardly understand the lady at retentions when i was put through to her, every question i asked, she would come back and just say yes, did not give me any confidence.

If you get the price rise then put in a written complaint, if they can't pull the call records that back up their version of the story then they won't be able to do much about it

I also got a new contract for 18 months yesterday, and a free speed upgrade, i told them i don't want the April/May Price rise on top of this, they reassured me i wont get the price rise on top, but i don't trust them really, so what happens if i do see a price increase, will i be able to get out of contract you think ? i could hardly understand the lady at retentions when i was put through to her, every question i asked, she would come back and just say yes, did not give me any confidence.
i got told the same. They honoured it last time

Just spoken to Virgin - they've offered me £79 for the Ultimate Volt bundle (with a 3rd TV box extra on top) and then the amount paid separately to O2 @ £25 for unlimited SIM so means I'm paying £8 less than I was before plus no need to re-contract and no price increase in May either. Discount will expire in August so need to phone back then and look to re-contract then but that'll do for now....

I had a call from them today after agreement on a new contract yesterday.

They offered to put phone back on and put my bill down again to £41 that's another £5 off plus I can phone back in 2 months when my original contract and reductions run out and get another £3.50 knocked off, so it will then cost me £37.50.

Reactions: R3X
Back
Top Bottom