Virgin Media Discussion Thread

I cancelled last week then in the following days got calls back from an 0800 number but it just disconnected when I answered every time. I called retentions back directly on that 020 number floating around. I got a speed bump to 250mb on a new 18 month contract at £23 from the £27 + £7 increase.

I cancelled last week then in the following days got calls back from an 0800 number but it just disconnected when I answered every time. I called retentions back directly on that 020 number floating around. I got a speed bump to 250mb on a new 18 month contract at £23 from the £27 + £7 increase.

Not bad, but a few months ago new customers were getting it at £18 or thereabouts. I was making note of these getting ready for my contract renewal to see how far I can push, but now going Community Fibre if they do indeed get enabled in a few months.

I cancelled a few days (11 years with VM) and have switched to a local full fibre company. VM were exceptionally difficult on the phone about the cancellation and have since called me twice with loyalty offers to stay but I just don’t care.

They said their service was better than full fibre in terms of contention and they’d soon be offering multigigabit services far in excess of BT but good luck to them..

At least there is competition out there and I can see quite a few of these full fibre companies targeting Virgin media areas!

Last edited:
Dam, you got better than me, before i was paying £30 a month for 130mb, then there would have been a £7 rise for me, new 18 month contract is as below, plus free 250mb upgrade.

Your initial monthly service cost is £23.40
You have 3 promotional offers / discounts that will affect your future price, they are:
Then £26.40 from Monday 10th July 2023 ?
Then £32.00 from Thursday 14th March 2024
Then £44.00 from Saturday 14th September 2024

Works out like a average of around £27 per month.

Oh, been with them over 20 years, even right from the start as Blueyonder.

Last edited:
Reactions: R3X
Dam, you got better than me, before i was paying £30 a month for 130mb, then there would have been a £7 rise for me, new 18 month contract is as below, plus free 250mb upgrade.

You have 3 promotional offers / discounts that will affect your future price, they are:

Yeh, I've been with them over 26 years, loyalty doesn't mean **** to them.

People who've been with them five minutes getting better deals than me.

Yeh, I've been with them over 26 years, loyalty doesn't mean **** to them.

People who've been with them five minutes getting better deals than me.

The opposite is true. They get their loyal customers pay more and the customers that are not loyal get all the deals. Hence why one should always just phone and cancel. Never phone and ask for a deal as the person you would be speaking to can't get you a good deal anyway, only the retention team who call you after can.

The opposite is true. They get their loyal customers pay more and the customers that are not loyal get all the deals. Hence why one should always just phone and cancel. Never phone and ask for a deal as the person you would be speaking to can't get you a good deal anyway, only the retention team who call you after can.

Yeh, I mentioned in a previous post I've always had to cancel to get a better deal, and as you say, retentions are the ones to speak to.

Trouble is, there's never been an alternative to VM, not if I wanted fibre, until now.

Still waiting for my price increase email, and if they can't offer what some people on here are getting, ie 350Mb for £17, then I'm off.

Reactions: TNA
For the first time since 2003~ - Finally moving away from Virgin media by the summer. This month Toob have been laying FTTP all over my road/town and looks like it will be ready to order soon. 900Mbps up and down for £25 a month (£33 with a static IP).

Yes please. Had cable BB since the network was Cable & Wireless, then NTL, then VM. 120Kbps cable to Gig1, that's a long term service with one provider. Toob are the only ones too, nobody else can offer anything above 37Mbps here.

Still, half the price of VM, and an actually useful upload speed meaning I can finally adopt online backup services into my monthly routine.

Yeh, I mentioned in a previous post I've always had to cancel to get a better deal, and as you say, retentions are the ones to speak to.

Trouble is, there's never been an alternative to VM, not if I wanted fibre, until now.

Still waiting for my price increase email, and if they can't offer what some people on here are getting, ie 350Mb for £17, then I'm off.

Same here. Was either tham or 40mb elsewhere. But I still managed to get somewhat decent deals from retention team. Now I will be off to community fibre and going forward I can play them against each other to get a good price.

The thing I don't like about virgin though is 18 month seems to be the minimum.

For the first time since 2003~ - Finally moving away from Virgin media by the summer. This month Toob have been laying FTTP all over my road/town and looks like it will be ready to order soon. 900Mbps up and down for £25 a month (£33 with a static IP).

Yes please. Had cable BB since the network was Cable & Wireless, then NTL, then VM. 120Kbps cable to Gig1, that's a long term service with one provider. Toob are the only ones too, nobody else can offer anything above 37Mbps here.

Still, half the price of VM, and an actually useful upload speed meaning I can finally adopt online backup services into my monthly routine.
same situation with me, but with BRSK. long time customers like us dont get any special treatment, sad!

Last edited:
Reactions: mrk
Last edited:

I've been with them for 20+ years too. It was Comcast then NTL for me. No FTTP over here and they must know that and charge accordingly.

They called me today to discuss my account cancellation.

Asked me again why i was cancelling. Told them again id signed up for gigabit from lila @ 29.99.

They then cut me off :p

Been with them donkeys years ago since NTL days ( or was it cable and wireless first? )

Well new router just turned up, obviously used, scratched a lot, dusty as hell, no protection on router at all, and rattling around in a damaged box, do i phone up for replacement, or do they just send out used routers ? thx

• Wow
Reactions: R3X
Back
Top Bottom