Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Just waiting for it to go live. All the wiring has been installed. At least nearby me anyway. Hopefully anytime now. At worst a few months I would imagine.

Well the Hub 5 and tweaks done yesterday seem to have sorted even the long duration spikes when downloading now as spent some time downloading on Steam last night and that hasn't registered as latency on the BQM which is likely down to the upload speed now being 100Mbps too so extra breathing space.

Last edited:
Well the Hub 5 and tweaks done yesterday seem to have sorted even the long duration spikes when downloading now as spent some time downloading on Steam last night and that hasn't registered as latency on the BQM which is likely down to the upload speed now being 100Mbps too so extra breathing space.

What hub5 tweaks are these?

Not hub 5 tweaks, tweaks to the cable (he added 3dB attenuation, and did some stuff on the box outside. That and the Hub 5 is just better than the 4 it seems lol.

Last edited:
Look at the state of the latency since the upload speed increase lol:

Before:
t8oCZZg.png

After:
V3v7AjM.png

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Hi all, can anyone recommend a replacement router for the HUB 3 which seems very inconsistent as I mentioned in a post above, I was going to use my 10 year old Netgear but power button is broken so time to get a replacement. I don't need anything to fancy just a minimum of 4 usable ethernet ports and solid consistent Wi-Fi, it does not need to be fastest as main things will be cabled. I could spend up to £100 but really cheaper is better....any recommendations?

Also assuming setting HUB 3 to modem mode and getting that work is pretty simple?

Thanks for any help

Hi all, can anyone recommend a replacement router for the HUB 3 which seems very inconsistent as I mentioned in a post above, I was going to use my 10 year old Netgear but power button is broken so time to get a replacement. I don't need anything to fancy just a minimum of 4 usable ethernet ports and solid consistent Wi-Fi, it does not need to be fastest as main things will be cabled. I could spend up to £100 but really cheaper is better....any recommendations?

Also assuming setting HUB 3 to modem mode and getting that work is pretty simple?

Thanks for any help

I've been using this router for the last 4 yrs and it's been great. Get 500Mb over wifi too.

I have been upgraded to 100mb upload speeds as well. However, the download speeds have significantly decreased to just below 500mb for unknown reasons. I reported this to Virgin over the weekend and was assured a callback, but unfortunately, I have not received any response so far. To be honest, I am not bothered to follow up on it myself since my contract will expire in July, and I plan to switch to Aquiss anyway in June as I can now get Full Fibre with BT/OR. Can't wait to get away from Virgin!

Back
Top Bottom