Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Never got a second call in the end and it cut off today. Lol. They just don't want to compete seems. Why charge £25 for 1gb like community fibre when you have people happy to pay £60 for I suppose.

Never got a second call in the end and it cut off today. Lol. They just don't want to compete seems. Why charge £25 for 1gb like community fibre when you have people happy to pay £60 for I suppose.
what was the best price they offered you.?

My contract ends on 3rd July and im currently into the arguing period with them and they are holding firm atm. I have the 350mb Line currently for £41 but thats only because i gave them a call 6 months ago and claimed CoL and they knocked another £6 a month off for 6 months so it will jump to £56 a month soon when the contract ends and the discounts fall off. They have offered 350mb for £40, 500mb for £45 and 1GB for £50 i think, so far

Look at the state of the latency since the upload speed increase lol:

Before:
t8oCZZg.png

After:
V3v7AjM.png
Heya.

Yeah your latency is broken because you shouldn't have been upgraded. Your configuration is 110 Mbps and your channels give you about 106 Mbps shared between you and anyone else on those channels so you can't get full speed even if you're on your own in the area and any activity by someone else will slow you.

VM need to either change your config so that you've channels 1 and 2 or have not upgraded you to begin with. Either way it was an error, so that explains the congestion.

Heya.

Yeah your latency is broken because you shouldn't have been upgraded. Your configuration is 110 Mbps and your channels give you about 106 Mbps shared between you and anyone else on those channels so you can't get full speed even if you're on your own in the area and any activity by someone else will slow you.

VM need to either change your config so that you've channels 1 and 2 or have not upgraded you to begin with. Either way it was an error, so that explains the congestion.

It's actually fine now and back to normal or even slightly better than it was with no configuration change.

It's actually fine now and back to normal or even slightly better than it was with no configuration change.
Nice. Either you've some hidden channels that aren't being shown or something else has gone on. There are a few games they can play to make it better. What upload speed are you seeing when you test, and still just the 4 channels showing?

My contract ends on 3rd July and im currently into the arguing period with them and they are holding firm atm. I have the 350mb Line currently for £41 but thats only because i gave them a call 6 months ago and claimed CoL and they knocked another £6 a month off for 6 months so it will jump to £56 a month soon when the contract ends and the discounts fall off. They have offered 350mb for £40, 500mb for £45 and 1GB for £50 i think, so far

You won't get a decent offer until you actually cancel.

Well ive rang them back up and requested a disconnection which is apparently 30days from today. Will see if they bother to reach out to offer me anything as im essentially calling their bluff

Well ive rang them back up and requested a disconnection which is apparently 30days from today. Will see if they bother to reach out to offer me anything as im essentially calling their bluff
They called me a few times but i didnt like the deal they were offering. In the end theres a number you can ring. Search my username on here and youll find it.

They managed to offer me 500Mb for £24 a month

@MeatLoaf @TNA Round 1, they called today and i was speaking to a woman but she cut me off before making any offer. I rang the 0207 number@MeatLoaf mentioned and woman offered 250 for £26, 350 for £32, 500mb for £32 and 1gig for £62. Shes calling me back this afternoon but ive said to her i can get 500mb BT for £31 a month and £100 of amazon vouchers so their offer isnt really that compelling

Last edited:
@MeatLoaf @TNA Round 1, they called today and i was speaking to a woman but she cut me off before making any offer. I rang the 0207 number@MeatLoaf mentioned and woman offered 250 for £26, 350 for £32, 500mb for £32 and 1gig for £62. Shes calling me back this afternoon but ive said to her i can get 500mb BT for £31 a month and £100 of amazon vouchers so their offer isnt really that compelling

Just a bunch of jokers really. They don't want to be competitive as they are shafting way too many people and it is probably bad for business if those being shafted so badly start hearing loads of others paying less than half they are for the same thing.

Give it a few more years, once FTTP arrives to more homes they will have no choice but to start being competitive.

Another call from the first woman i spoke to who accidently cut me off

Round 2 with virgin
250mb for £25, 350mb for £29 , 500mb for £29 or 1gig for £46. 250mb dropped £1 a month, 350mb and 500mb dropped £3 a month and 1gig dropped £19 a month from the previous offers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom