Virgin Media Discussion Thread

So the fun begins....I received my monthly email from virgin of my upcoming bill, £69. I'm still expecting it to be £33 as my discount expires on the 30th June 2023, so I get on the phone and painfully I get through to someone who not only struggled to explain herself, but I genuinely could not understand what she was saying and throw in a really poor line quality, that just made that situation extremely frustrating. What the lady was trying to say though was, because virgin bill in advance, my final discount would have been on the bill which was taken at the beginning of the month, the £69 if now my out of contract bill. Prior to that explanation, she gave a different reason as to why that bill was £69 which made no sense when challenged.

So, then she wanted to discuss me renewing, I knew straight away that there was no way she would be able to offer my a deal that was close to what I was on, but i'm here now so I played along. £62 for Gig1, I told her to forget it, not interested. She said what she could do is transfer me to Virgin customer solutions who may be able to offer my something better (here we go), so she transferred me and I had to explain the whole situation again as virgin staff just seem to transfer calls with zero information of the nature of the call. For me though, for a brief moment I felt reassured simply because I could understand everything the person on the other end of the line was saying. Needless to say that reassurance soon went flat when she confirmed that the bill would now be £69 and after she looked at what she could offer in terms to a new contract she could only offer £45, again I said no thanks. She asked what i'd to do, I said I want to give my 30 days cancellation period which she appeared to instigate. ***Apparently*** my final date of service with be the 17th of July, but most of us know how this goes. She confirmed my phone number and said I may receive a call from another department who maybe able to offer a better deal than herself, which I said okay to.

Is it the retention department that offers the best deals? Is there a generic process in the way that they do their outbound calls, just so I know when I have to pull the trigger on a deal that is offered? I did mention to her that Community Fibre is now an option in my area...which technically is true of course. Let's see how this new Virgin chapter plays out.

Is it the retention department that offers the best deals?

Customer Relations is higher apparently but everybody offered me exactly the same deal even though I tried my hardest to explain NO TV, NO LANDLINE but they all came back with the same package.
It was only when I cancelled that the offers came and still are with the best being 1gb for £30 which is what I'm paying Lila.

You read my post wrong, I finished with Virgin and I'm with Lila, Virgin rang and offered the same deal.

I havent looked into Virgin at all but it seems like right now its going to be the only provider on my street offering FTTP in any form and the works have started.

Does Lila use their lines/equipment or what? I read horrific stories with VM and kind of dont want to sign up with them if alternates are available.

Sadface kindai.

The thing that pee'd me off was that the lines were put down in October 2021, I ran outside asking what was going on so registered immediately.
It was April 2023 before they connected to the house so I still had to pay Virgin scum around £1300 for M350 and two services I had no use for.
During that 18 months I rang Virgin countless times finally getting to Customer Relations who still wouldn't budge even though I'd been with them since 1998 including NTL.

The thing that pee'd me off was that the lines were put down in October 2021, I ran outside asking what was going on so registered immediately.
It was April 2023 before they connected to the house so I still had to pay Virgin scum around £1300 for M350 and two services I had no use for.
During that 18 months I rang Virgin countless times finally getting to Customer Relations who still wouldn't budge even though I'd been with them since 1998 including NTL.

On a whole how has the connection been internet wise?

Honestly I am loathe to consider signing up, but frankly the **** openreach offer to my house is just getting worse, the profile can now only manage ~22mb down and ~6 up due to the physical cable issues and often drops out alltogether.

I rang them AGAIN. Somebody slightly more helpful this time.

Apparently the full activation process hasn't completed, she can normally do it but she kept getting errors when inputting the MAC address of the HUB5. We confirmed the MAC multiple times to each other but it didn't work. Job sent off to tech support to figure it out.
Still stuck on 275mb instead of 1GIG.

Unless you make use of Virgin TV services, there is zero reason to stay with them if you have an alternate (and proper FTTP) solution.
I totally agree. I can’t currently get community fiber at my address which would be the only viable option in terms of speed, but community fiber is available at some addresses on my street.

My brother son get VM 1Gig standalone for £27 a month (discount applied to his account for 24 months minus £35 off) from virgin media call him up to changing his mind to stay with them! While some customer are paying £45 to £62 a month for 1Gig. Seem unfair!

i wonder if Virgin etc check potential uptake before doing an area? We've now got patched-up ****ty Frankenstein-looking paths and i don't think one person in the street has taken up VM; at least, i'm assuming there'd be another chink of work needed to connect the house itself, and i've seen no other VM vehicles since they naffed off after the street butchery.

STILL stuck on 274mb after my 1GIG install on Friday.

WTF are they doing. Yea I’ve contacted them, twice.
Seem VM going downhills lately as they are SELFISH ACT don't care about customer 1Gig! I am glad I never join VM , never again in my lifetime! Telewest are the best company under Blueyonder.

Last edited:
Just received my first call from Virgin customer loyalty team since I said I did not want to renew. They offered £37pm for the Gig1, I declined that offer.

Reactions: TNA
STILL stuck on 274mb after my 1GIG install on Friday.

WTF are they doing. Yea I’ve contacted them, twice.

That really sucks, does sound like there is some technical fault on their end so hopefully an engineer is trying to sort it out. Did they give you a case reference?

Back
Top Bottom