Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Engineer is here now to do connect the external to internal and get it online.

He’s an absolute piece of crap, moaning at me because it’s a bigger job than he thought etc etc. Trying to get me to put the HUB somewhere easy for him but I’m a completely stupid and ridiculous place for me.

You can book a pre-installation survey, they'll send someone round to discuss what you want, and this is relayed to the installation engineer so that they know what to expect.

Reactions: R3X
You can book a pre-installation survey, they'll send someone round to discuss what you want, and this is relayed to the installation engineer so that they know what to expect.
Didn’t know that.

It’s not a big job at ALL, I’d say it’s smaller or on par with what most people get.

He’s also the second engineer out, the first one came 2 weeks ago but didn’t install because they hadn’t done any external work.

Edit: and now the HUB won’t activate and he’s getting all angry and grumpy about it.

Last edited:
Basically made me feel like I’ve peed him off because I ordered their service.

It’s not my fault you’re supposed to finish in 10minutes and still have 2 more jobs to do today

100% not your fault, but yes there are many engineers, servicemen, tradesmen, builders etc just like that sadly.

My engineer was a female, a first if ever and first thing she did was smile and said its an easy job since my lines already done so due to that alone I got good service.

She even ordered my 2nd wifi pod free for me without the 'checks' or going through phone diagnostic.

It’s installed and active.

I did the Sam knows 'realspeed' check and it says I’m getting 274mb to my router.

I’m on 1GIG package

Spoke to virgin and they said it can 24-72 hours before the speed settles close to the GIG speed.....

Last edited:

I did the Sam knows 'realspeed' check and it says I’m getting 274mb to my router.

I’m on 1GIG package

Spoke to virgin and they said it can 24-72 hours before the speed settles close to the GIG speed.....
Rubbish nonsense you get 1Gig straight away why wait for 24-72 hours

I’m on 1GIG package

They lying.

What do you get if you do a speedtest via cable?

I rang them up on April 12th to cancel, my last payment was April 24th and on the 25th I cancelled the Direct Debit.
Obviously one department doesn't talk to the other so the cancellation side gets in touch to offer me amazing deals while the finance side are on my back for monthly payments.
Eventually I had a phone call from them today demanding money and I told them I cancelled on April 12th.
They basically called me a liar so I asked for the robots email so I could forward the leaving emails I got from Virgin like "Sorry to see you go" etc.
He put me on hold for a minute then apologised.
About 1 hour later I get a call offering me 1gb for £29.

Then you’re almost definitely on the wrong profile.
I rang them AGAIN. Somebody slightly more helpful this time.

Apparently the full activation process hasn't completed, she can normally do it but she kept getting errors when inputting the MAC address of the HUB5. We confirmed the MAC multiple times to each other but it didn't work. Job sent off to tech support to figure it out.

Reactions: R3X
I rang them AGAIN. Somebody slightly more helpful this time.

Apparently the full activation process hasn't completed, she can normally do it but she kept getting errors when inputting the MAC address of the HUB5. We confirmed the MAC multiple times to each other but it didn't work. Job sent off to tech support to figure it out.

It can happen, one vm engineer my end was really struggling just to close my old hubs and apply the new hub 5 mac but after 10 minutes I think they just ignored it and activated the new hub5.

I was able to hit 800-900Mbps within the same hour off an VPN after the engineer left so yeah bit iffy but hopefully they get it sorted.

VM certainly has its faults and failings in just about every area and department, but as long as they keep on top of the broadband down times and quick bb repairs and offer much lower prices then sky, my wallets in.

About 1 hour later I get a call offering me 1gb for £29.
Have you received your confirmation email from VM that your new Gig1 contract is £29? Was your package M500 with the volt O2 upgrade to Gig1, or just Gig1? My contract ends at the end of this month and I thought that by this time Community Fibre when have gone...alas no such luck, so it looks like i'll have to go through this painful process of dealing with VM retention team again. My current contract is £33pm for Gig1, that was an upgrade from M500 with a £10 O2 sim. If I can renew at the same price (or less of course) then i'd do that. I'll call VM on Monday morning to start the process, hopefully I won't have to say i want to leave to get a decent offer.

Had a 3rd call today at 6pm and got the same offers basically as the first call.

So far they have offered the below:

J0FmwQx.png

Back
Top Bottom