Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Virgin offered £35pm for the Gig1 which I agreed to, and that's without the O2 volt add-on which I can either now get rid off which was initially £10pm (now gone up to £13.10pm) or see if there's a cheaper option for maybe 5-£6pm.

Don't suppose you have a number for the person who called? From past experience, they often call from a mobile number.

Don't suppose you have a number for the person who called? From past experience, they often call from a mobile number.

The number was 0203 743 6951 and i spoke to a woman called Leigh Cairns who said she was in the outbound dept when I asked. That number doesn't work when I call it though. Initially though the conversation started on a web chat on my mobile, but she needed to send a form on the chat for me to provide 3 characters from my security password, but on my phone it wasn't possible so she suggested calling me instead. The live chat link that was texted to me yesterday is https://virg.in/letschat which I received because I said I wanted terminate their service.

Anyone else having their Virgin phone line change from normal phone connector into a normal phone socket, to your phone into a dongle which then goes into your hub? Does it matter if the hub is in modem only mode plugged into a separate router, and you still plug the dongle into the Hub, or do you have to plug it into the router's ports, or connected switch? This is with a Hub3. Would appreciate if someone knows anything, rather that having to ring them and lose at least an hour of my life.

Anyone else having their Virgin phone line change from normal phone connector into a normal phone socket, to your phone into a dongle which then goes into your hub? Does it matter if the hub is in modem only mode plugged into a separate router, and you still plug the dongle into the Hub, or do you have to plug it into the router's ports, or connected switch? This is with a Hub3. Would appreciate if someone knows anything, rather that having to ring them and lose at least an hour of my life.

Always goes into VM hub and modem mode makes no difference.

Yeah as said modem mode is fine, still connect to the VM HUB for phone, did ours recently as well. I think I had to reboot the VM hub to get it working though if I remember.

Thats the deal I am on, so net £42.

The £35 deal is pretty good considering that.

I have a £6 O2 sim so £35 for me. Not that I will be keeping it for much longer. Now that I don't have virgin will either move back to EE or maybe give Vodafone a go. Not been with them for a long time, mainly been with EE.

I have a £6 O2 sim so £35 for me. Not that I will be keeping it for much longer. Now that I don't have virgin will either move back to EE or maybe give Vodafone a go. Not been with them for a long time, mainly been with EE.
Well I took the sim I was told as part of deal, a £12 one, didnt think to ask if a cheaper sim could be used.

I have heard of people cancelling or downgrading the sim after and getting away with it though. :)

Of course i am paying maybe £43-44 now as O2 unlike VM did increase it in April.

When volt came out I was with EE. So I just left them and went to the cheapest O2 sim which was £6. Did the job. Doubled the data and got next speed up for broadband.

Recently left the though as they would not budge on price even though Community Fibre have much better broadband and charge less. Oh well. Sent back my Hub 5 today :D

Last edited:
Reactions: R3X
My upload is still hovering between 80 and 90 Mbps, I've not once seen it over 100. Phone support were useless, however I managed to speak to a proper human being on their forums, and they said that the upload power levels look low. Not sure if that's even true as I'm on RFoG, however an engineer visit is booked for tomorrow so I'll see what they say.

Back
Top Bottom