1574748335.png
[/URL][/IMG]

49960804.png
[/URL][/IMG]

is this all ok?

Ping and download seem way off to me:

Soldato
Just moved flat (in the same building)

virgin media replaced my modem and dlink router with a VM branded netgear thing all in one unit.

Am having issues with this especially when playing BF3 atm anyone else had problem with these devices? is there a firmware update for them or anything i can try?

I've had it 3 days and had to reboot it twice already.

Soldato
Seems to be getting better, it back up to 20meg now.

Looks like they must have had a problem somewhere and are sorting it out, because I could barely get webpages to load this morning let alone do any gaming.

Associate
Mine has been terrible for about 6 weeks here, BH15 area, playing bf3 is impossible for me between 3pm and 10 at night, major packet loss. Anyway thursday was the straw that broke the camels back, I phoned up customer services (billing) and winged at them like mad spoke to a "manager" and told her that on their website they say

2. Play your favourite games online without a glitch

Don't lose the battle with your broadband. Stay ahead of the game with low lag times and consistent speeds, you will be the champion one day!

And that this clearly isnt the case at this moment or for the past 6 weeks Anyway she knocked £20 off my bill which made me feel a bit better.

Soldato
I only had £5 knocked off. The guy said he couldn't take more off. Was pretty annoyed. But then again, it hasn't been 6 weeks of bad net. For 6 weeks, I'd be demanding the whole month and a half for free mate!

Associate
I'm just jealous of all you lot with the increased upload. I'm in Bristol and it's not scheduled till April.

I doubt its going to make much difference (and hopefully won't make it worse!) but still, other people have it so I want it :p

Man of Honour
ah yes. i read 7th and assumed Nov. waiting till Dec would be a pain. you getting any compo for the poor internet?

I'll call up at some point and try and get something from them.

Still getting 50 meg for now, it's just the dropped packets I can't deal with, it makes gaming impossible.

b1b26a6f98cc135adb937fa1c5c819e3-06-11-2011.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Shocking will be cancelling when i can and going to be* Been like this for weeks.

1577401880.png

50061073.png

Just rang VM up. Ran a ping test there end and reckon there is no problem with the connection said it must be a virus on my computer :rolleyes:

I said ok then lets run the test in safe mode then to which he agreed. Same test still massive ping and out of 4 packets sent on the test 1 is lost.

He said hes passing it over to networks but cant see a problem anywhere. They said cant be a big ping if im still getting 30mb service.

They are fraudsters and offer no compensation as they RECKON the service is 100%.

Dont go with VM it used to be good when it was blueyonder :(

Back
Top Bottom