Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
Hi there

This is the package we're currently on:

CoXRWgg.jpeg

As you can see the deal we're on expires in August. I would like to add the Formula One motor racing to my package and we would be quite happy to loose the landline as it's never used.

Does anyone know of any deals that would allow us to do this please?

Cancel and then either ring up their special retentions number or wait for a call back.

I've got the 1gig, Mix TV and extra box, anytime chatter and pay £45 where as before i did the above was paying £78 and only had 500mb line.

Soldato
Heads up, people on 1 Gig configs should check their upload speed and check the provisioned speed on the hub.

Myself and multiple other people on the Virgin forums have been downgraded to 50Mb upload after scheduled maintenance in the past few weeks.

Virgin support are clueless and send out engineers which is stupid as they can't fix incorrect config files.

Another reason for me to move to FTTP.

Soldato
Heads up, people on 1 Gig configs should check their upload speed and check the provisioned speed on the hub.

Myself and multiple other people on the Virgin forums have been downgraded to 50Mb upload after scheduled maintenance in the past few weeks.

Virgin support are clueless and send out engineers which is stupid as they can't fix incorrect config files.

Another reason for me to move to FTTP.
Still getting 105ish so fine here thankfully.

Soldato
Just renewed at
VM350 Internet
Mega TV

£49 per month.

How does this fair on the scale?

Mega TV is with everything right?

I renewed at the following.

1 GIG with Volt (Originally 250 but boosted to 500 with volt)
Mix It TV with Extra Box (Originally with 1 Box but basic TV package nothing more)
Anytime Chatter Phone (Had this before)

£45 a month was paying £78 originally for 1 less box and half the speed.

Last edited:
Associate
Wow that is far cheaper than the £81 I got.
They know that Virgin is the only fast fibre supplier where I live, so wouldnt budge further on price.
Hopefully by my next renewal I will have other options.

Soldato
Wow that is far cheaper than the £81 I got.
They know that Virgin is the only fast fibre supplier where I live, so wouldnt budge further on price.
Hopefully by my next renewal I will have other options.

This year I had options, previous contract I didn't so that was used as leverage.

Last time I took a deal off the usual Virgin line, this year I handed in 30 days notice and rang the UK retentions team direct and that's where I got the better deal.

Associate
Mega TV is with everything right?

I renewed at the following.

1 GIG with Volt (Originally 250 but boosted to 500 with volt)
Mix It TV with Extra Box (Originally with 1 Box but basic TV package nothing more)
Anytime Chatter Phone (Had this before)

£45 a month was paying £78 originally for 1 less box and half the speed.
WOW that is a seriously good deal!

Soldato
Contract is coming to an end and just had an e mail to say its going up £20 a month! (£32.64 currently to £52.64).

All I have with them is broadband which is a 250mb service.

Time to give them a call....(well the other half as its in her name! lol)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Contract is coming to an end and just had an e mail to say its going up £20 a month! (£32.64 currently to £52.64).

All I have with them is broadband which is a 250mb service.

Time to give them a call....(well the other half as its in her name! lol)
Paying quite a bit for that already, should be in the £20-25 ball park maybe even for the next speed up. As said before on here, say you'd like to leave and when asked why say you can't afford it any more. They'll do a couple of rubbish offers and maybe a reasonable one. For the best you need to put your actual cancellation notice in and they'll phone you back soon with better offers. Its a hassle every 18 months but has to be done to get a decent price with them.

Soldato
Paying quite a bit for that already, should be in the £20-25 ball park maybe even for the next speed up. As said before on here, say you'd like to leave and when asked why say you can't afford it any more. They'll do a couple of rubbish offers and maybe a reasonable one. For the best you need to put your actual cancellation notice in and they'll phone you back soon with better offers. Its a hassle every 18 months but has to be done to get a decent price with them.
Yeah, I think that is the route we are going to have to go

Soldato
Just cancelled my VM services. I have an O2 phone so with Volt I was getting Gig1, TV (with almost all channels except sports and movies) and phone for £75 then it went up to £82 ish in April but my contract is up next month, at which point it would go up to £110 or thereabouts.

I've already got a 1Gb symmetric fibre connection so don't really care about the VM Internet but I thought I'd try to see what it would cost to drop to lowest speed Internet with the same TV. They wanted £46 a month for TV with 250Mb Internet, or £40 a month for TV with 130Mb Internet. Can't really decide whether that was a good price or not, but it's more than I was willing to pay, even to have a backup Internet connection as well. So now I just need to figure out what to do about TV. I'm not that bothered about it personally, but everyone else in the house would probably like more than just freeview :)

Alternatively I wait and see if I get a call from retentions. In my area I can get Toob fibre, Openreach fibre and Virgin so there's plenty of fast options and you'd think they'd be willing to drop their pants on pricing somewhat.

Last edited:
Associate
I gave notice the other day.

I currently pay £59 for Ultimate Volt.

I received a call offering the same (which now doesn’t include TNT Sports) for £60/mo. £78/mo including TNT.

Back
Top Bottom